- 1 hr ago Ratan Tata, Anand Mahindra And Other Business Tycoons Who Came Foward To Fight Against Coronavirus
- 1 hr ago Coronavirus: Fashion Brands That Are Making Masks To Support Medical Workers
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 March 2020
- 15 hrs ago How To Take Care Of A Patient With Suspected Or Confirmed COVID-19
- News Mann ki Baat: Keep patience and follow the coronavirus lockdown, says Modi
- Sports England captain Heather Knight joins NHS as volunteer to fight coronavirus pandemic
- Technology Realme 2020 Flagships To Have Higher Refresh Rate: Report
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: 2020 Maruti Dzire, BS6 Mahindra Bolero, BS4 Deadline, & More
- Movies Vijay And Atlee To Join Hands Again For Thalapathy 66?
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Do you know that there are certain foods which actually prevents sunburn and treat sun damage? Well, the answer is yes. You can easily prevent sunburn just by eating these super foods. These foods possess compounds that protects your skin from the harsh rays of sun. These foods also act as a natural defense against sun.
Including foods such as watermelon, tomatoes, oatmeal, potatoes, oily fish, carrots, spinach, turmeric and pomegranates in your daily diet helps to protect skin from sun damage. In today's article, we at Boldsky are listing few foods you need to incorporate in your diet to prevent sunburn. Read on to know more about it.
The compounds present in green tea, protects skin against harmful sun rays and the tannic acid present helps in soothing the sunburn.Research say that people who drink green tea everyday are at a lower risk of sunburn.
Potatoes are considered a super food when it comes to protecting our skin against sun damage. Potatoes provides the best relief for sunburned skin. Apply on the skin, and the starch present in it reduces the damage caused by sun.
Pomegranate is a great fruit that battles against sun damage and ageing. Pomegranate is a good source of ellagic acid, which protects our skin damaged from harmful UV rays. It also promotes skin repair and regeneration of cells.
Strawberries are miracle fruits which can boost skin's natural protection against harmful UV rays that sun emits. Eating lots of fruits that are rich in Vitamin C, like strawberries and other berries prevents sunburn.
The role of cucumber in treating sunburn is two fold. Since, it contains mostly water, it keeps the skin hydrated. Cucumber can also be applied externally on skin to heal the sunburn.
Guava possess many properties which protect skin from sunburn and it also prevents skin cancer. Guava contains skin healing antioxidants. The fruit is also rich in Vitamin C which is good for soothing the burned skin.