TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Complicity Of Pakistan In Pulwama Attack Strongly Underlined During India-Saudi Talks
- Clamour To Boycott India-Pakistan World Cup Clash Grows — Get The Complete Information
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Tata Electric Cars In India To Be More Desirable; EVs With 200-250km Range Confirmed
- PPF or Sukanya Samriddhi — Which Is A Better Investment For Girl Child?
- Disturbing Pictures Of Zoo That Staff Do Not Wish You To See
- Video: Varun Dhawan Posts A Sweet Message For His Fans
Have you ever wondered what is the logic or the belief of Haldi ceremony at an Indian wedding? Find out as we reveal the significance of the Haldi ceremony at the weddings.
Haldi is believed to signify protection; hence, using it during the wedding rituals makes it essential.
According to the experts, haldi is believed to be an excellent cleanser for the body and soul. It signifies the bride's preparation and welcoming into adult married life. Hence, the haldi applying ceremony is auspicious.
Check out the reason why the haldi ceremony is such a prestigious ceremony during Indian weddings...
It Is A Sign Of Blessing
Haldi is considered as a symbol of blessing for the couple and healthy marital life. According to Indian culture, all the married women of the house apply haldi to the bride and the groom. This is a way to bless them with a long and healthy relationship.
For Radiant And Natural Glowing Skin
Haldi is known to brighten the skin, and it has various benefits when it comes to enhancing the skin of the user. Using haldi helps to ensure that you have a radiant and glowing skin on your wedding day. On the other hand, it also helps in removing dead skin cells which give you a glowing complexion.
Purifying Your Heart And Soul
According to experts, Haldi is known to purify and cleanse the body of the individuals who are entering into the holy matrimony. Apart from this, it also marks an auspicious beginning of a new life together as well.
To Ward Off The Evil
It is believed that using haldi will protect the bride and the groom from any bad omen that might come their way before the big day. This is one of the reasons why brides are prohibited from leaving their house after their mehendi and haldi ceremony.
It Curbs Nervousness!
Using haldi in the ceremony helps to curb the pre-wedding jitters. Since haldi has an active compound known as curcumin, it acts as a natural remedy for headaches and anxiety. It also makes an excellent solution to calm the nervous mind as well.