- News Aryan Khan gets clean chit in drug case: Here is the timeline
- Sports IPL 2022: Riyan Parag drops a sitter to give Rajat Patidar a breather, netizens remind him of karma
- Finance Emkay Global Gives A Buy Call To This Maharatna Stock For A Potential Gain Of 27.3%
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- Movies MIFF 2022: 102 Documentary, Short Fiction And Animation Films Competing For Golden Conch & Silver Conch Awards
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Technology How To Mark Parking Spot In Google Maps
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
With COVID-19 infection rates soaring around the world, several big events have been called off or rescheduled, like the Grammy Awards 2022, The Golden Globes 2022, however, will be held as scheduled on Sunday, January 9. There will no audience. The Berlinale 2022 and Cannes Film Festival 2022 are being held as scheduled, as of now.
Here is a list of the art and culture events of 2022 that have been postponed due to COVID and Omicron, and those which are on schedule.
Grammy Awards 2022
Preparations for the popular music awards ceremony, originally planned for January 31 in Los Angeles, were in full swing until a surge in COVID cases in the US forced organizers to reschedule the event. New dates are yet to be announced.
Golden Globe Awards 2022
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which organises the Golden Globe Awards, recently announced a very stripped-down version of the ceremony. The prizes will be announced on Sunday, January 9, 2022, in Beverly Hills. There will be no audience, other than select members and grantees, who will have to show proof of vaccination and a negative test to be able to attend the event. The guests will be masked and socially distanced, and there will be no red carpet. The event will not be livestreamed and the winners will be announced on the association's social media accounts and on its website as they are announced.
- art-cultureALSO READ: Golden Globe Nominations 2022: Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman, Lady Gaga And Benedict Cumberbatch Among Nominees
Sundance Film Festival 2022
Initially planned as a hybrid of both virtual and in-person screenings in Park City, Utah, the largest independent film festival in the US has decided to hold the entire event online only. It runs from January 20-30.
72nd Berlin International Film Festival
Rising omicron cases in Germany have not yet prompted the festival's organizers to move the event online. The festival is set to take place from February 10-20 with on-site screenings — but no parties.
Cologne Carnival 2022
The 2022 Carnival — one of the largest street festivals in Europe — begins on February 22 with the Weiberfastnacht (Carnival's "women's day") and ends on Rose Monday, which falls on February 28 this year. Following last year's scaled-down version, organizers are looking into how they can let the parades take place safely despite growing infection rates.
Düsseldorf Carnival 2022
The capital of North Rhine Westfalia and Cologne's "arch rival" when it comes to Carnival customs and traditions, Düsseldorf plans to organize the traditional Rose Monday parade on May 29, instead of February 25, 2022.
Rio Carnival 2022
This year's festivities, set from February 25 to March 5, will be rather muted following rising cases of the omicron variant. The Brazilian city's mayor announced that some major Carnival events would take place, but organized street parties, or "blocos," will be canceled. The Sapucai Carnival, a parade performed by Rio's Carnival schools, will still go ahead.
Chinese New Year 2022
Festivities for China's biggest holiday marking the beginning of the Lunar New Year on February 1 have been massively restricted amid surging infections. Residents with confirmed COVID-19 cases have been prohibited from traveling and others have been urged to restrain from traveling during the upcoming spring holiday season. The Beijing Winter Olympics follow soon after, posing a health challenge for China as many foreign visitors, including the athletes traveling to the country.
Max Ophüls Festival 2022
Considered the most important newcomer film festival in the German-speaking world, the event is held for the 43rd time this year. According to current information, will take place with online and in-person events from January 16-26 in the western German city of Saarbrücken and selected cinemas in the state of Saarland.
It's still a long way away, but Germany's largest and perhaps most popular beer festival may take place in the summer this year instead of at the end of September. The idea is still being discussed, with critics skeptical of the festivities clashing with the summer holidays.
Festival de Cannes
As of now, the Cannes Film Festival has not been postponed due to COVID. It will be from May 17-28, 2022.
Oscar Awards 2022
Similarly, the Oscar Awards 2022, officially known as the 94th Academy Awards will be held as per schedule on Sunday, March 27, 2022 as of now. It had been postponed from its earlier February date before Omicron struck.
Edited by: Elizabeth Grenier | With inputs from Shweta Parande, Boldsky.
- art-cultureALSO READ: Oscar Award-Winning Black Actor And Activist Sidney Poitier Passes Away At 94: Life And Times
File Photo: Priyanka Chopra at the Golden Globes | Chinese New Year Photo: DW News | Oscar Trophy Photo: The Academy.
- art cultureMultiple Grammy And Oscar Award-Winning Composer John Williams Turns 90
- art cultureGolden Globes 2022 Winners: Nicole Kidman, Will Smith, Jane Campion - Who Won What At This Year's Awards
- art cultureGolden Globe Nominations 2022: Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman, Lady Gaga And Benedict Cumberbatch Among Nominees
- make up tipsGolden Globes 2021: Elle Fanning Steals The Show With Her Stunning Makeup Look And Neat Twisted Bun
- bollywood wardrobeActress Blanca Blanco Marched The Golden Globes Red Carpet Without Knickers
- bollywood wardrobeMajor Wardrobe Malfunctions At The Golden Globe Awards
- fashion trendsThe Queen’s Gambit Actress Anya Taylor-Joy Is A Vision In Her Stunning Gowns At The Golden Globes
- fashion trendsGolden Globes 2021: Did Emma Corrin Find A Connect Between Pierrot Clown And Lady Diana With Her Gown?
- fashion trendsGolden Globes 2020: From Priyanka-Nick to Ellen And Portia, Couples Who Gave Us Major Fashion Goals!
- women fashionGlobes Globes 2020: Best Beauty Looks From The Dazzling Award Show
- women fashionGolden Globes 2020: Jennifer Lopez Owns The Red Carpet In A Braided Bun
- womenLegendary Singer-Actress Barbra Streisand At 80: Still Topping The Charts!