The American pancakes are quite famous and highly delicious. They are common dinner table dishes in parties and get-togethers. The pancakes can have interesting toppings like yogurt, herb garnishes etc. Today, we shall tell you how to go about with the spicy and sweet potato pancakes. Take a look.
The pancakes in America are similar to dosas in India and follow almost the same procedure in making these side dishes. Here is how you make it.
Spicy And Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 2 big sweet potatoes (peeled, cooked in microwave and mashed)
- 2 tsps butter (melted)
- 2 tsps fresh mint (chopped finely)
- Salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 1 large egg (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, add the mashed potatoes in butter, mint, jalapeno pepper, salt, egg, flour, bread crumbs, baking powder and mix well into thick batter.
2. In a sauce pan, heat oil (325°F) and drop a teaspoon of the batter. Fry both sides until golden brown. Spicy and sweet potato pancakes are ready.
Serve the vegetarian side dish hot with sauce and some more butter.