Aloo ki sabji is one of the most common and preferred curry among the vegetarians. If you are bored of making the same sabji every mow and then, it is time to try a variety with the potatoes. Do you like a sabji that is spicy and sweet? If so, then try this recipe to make aloo ki sabji with a twist.
Sweet and spicy aloo ki sabji:
- 3-4 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into two halves
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 green chillies
- 2 tomato
- turmeric powder
- red chilli powder
- coriander powder
- garam masala
- tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
Directions to make sweet and spicy aloo ki sabji:
- In a bowl, mix all the powders and salt. Add little water to make semi-watery masala paste.
- Grind onion into a fine paste. Also grind tomato to make a puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Now add the ginger garlic paste. Mix well.
- Add grounded onion and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the masala paste to the pan and mix well. Cook on medium flame for 1 minute.
- Now add garam masala and mix well. Pour the tomato ketchup and tomato puree. Cook till oil separates.
- Add boiled potatoes to it and mix well. Make sure the paste mixes well with the potatoes.
- Pour in a little water and cook for a minute till there is a thick gravy. Put it off flame.
Sweet and spicy aloo ki sabji is ready. If you want to make it more sweet increase the quantity of tomato ketchup and vice versa.