- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The brain Gamma-aminobutyric (GABA) levels of the people who have taken up Yoga and others who took up walking as an exercise were compared. Low GABA levels are linked to depression and other anxiety disorders.
One group practised Yoga for an hour, three times a week, wile the other resorted to walking for fitness for the same duration.
The participants of Yoga showed a significant decrease in anxiety and stress and an increase in checking mood swings when compared to those who walked.
"Over time, positive changes in these reports were associated with climbing GABA levels," said lead author Chris Streeter
He also considered the practise of Yoga as a potential therapy for mental disorders.
The findings appear on-line at Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.