- 1 hr ago Sonal Chauhan Looks Gorgeous In Her Red Anarkali Set; Find Out The Price of Her Outfit
- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy, Kriti Sanon, And Palak Tiwari Beckon Us To Add Fresh Stunning Black Pieces To Our Wardrobe
- 5 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 24 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Technology BoAt Airdopes 281 Pro TWS Earbuds With ENx Technology Launched At Rs. 1,999; Features, Sale, And More
- Movies Avika Gor Has THIS To Say About Rumours Of Having Secret Child With Manish Raisinghan
- News Will we need a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot? Is it necessary
- Sports Mercedes-AMG driver Arjun Maini makes the most out of a Steep Learning Curve at DTM
- Finance Small Finance Banks No Longer Offer 7% Rate On Fixed Deposits: Check New Rates Here
- Education ICAI CA Admit Card 2021 July Session Released
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Urainilattotu ottal aritu
Although they may lack fortresses and armies it will not be easy,
To attack and dislodge people in their own homesteads.
In all wars, invading armies have had this experience. The local people may have no proper defences and other advantages on the one side, nor numbers and weapons of offensive strategy on the other side. But the invading army will find it difficult to defeat and overcome the people on their own native soil. This happened in France during the two World Wars, as a result of which resistance movements flourished and ultimately prevailed.
Winston Churchill gave expression to this thought in so many words to encourage his country men, when Hitler, who had already occupied France, was just one step away from London. He exhorted the British to fight on the beaches and landing grounds, streets and all ages and to defend defend their homes. It was with reference to this famous exhortation that President John Kennedy made the interesting statement:
“Churchill harnessed the English language and sent it to war against Hitler."
This comment was otherwise relevant too as the British had nothing else to fight with at that tie.