- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lion Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Illaakith thonraak kedum
The apparent prosperity of a man, living beyond his means,
Would soon disappear without a trace.
A thoughtless king who has not got a measure of his own wealth and sources of revenue, if he indulges in limitless expenditure and thoughtless generosity, seemingly, may live a good and prosperous life, but in no time he will become an insolvent.
We have in our own life-time, seen so many persons going this way. The poet"s warning is a sound one, which will apply equally to rulers as to individuals. If an individual does this, after doing his duty towards the members of his family, no serious harm will be done. He will be praised in a funeral oration. But such a practice will be unwise and imprudent for a king, who should keep the interests of his State and its people at heart, and not merely his good name as a generous patron.
Assessment of Relative strength
Thiruvalluvar in (risk) assessment of relative strength of Thirukkural emphasises on assessment from different angles.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 479, Valluvar advises the importance of living within one's means. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading mass.