- 43 min ago Tara Sutaria’s Monochrome Monokini Look
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 01 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day: Childhood Arthritis (Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) Signs To Watch Out For
- 12 hrs ago Mahashivratri 2023: Follow These Dos And Don'ts To Appease Lord Shiva
- Technology Poco X5 5G Marketing Materials Confirm Specifications; Design Revealed
- Movies Pathaan Box-Office Collection Day 7: SRK's Actioner Shows No Signs Of Slowing Down, Makes 600 Cr Worldwide
- News Cabinet approves Budget 2023; Nirmala Sitharaman to present Union Budget at 11 am
- Finance Budget 2023 Expectation- What to Expect from the Budget 2023-24?
- Education Scope and Career Opportunities in Marketing in India
- Sports ILT20 2023, Sharjah Warriors vs Desert Vipers: Highlights, Player Of The Match, List of Award Winners
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
As Sun transits through Dhanur Rashi, it comes to be known as Dhanur Maasa and it is going to be observed from 16 December 2022 to 14 January 2023. It is believed that Devas perform special pujas to Lord Vishnu during Brahma muhurta, one and a half hours before sunrise. The month of Dhanurmas is considered a very special month for performing Vishnu puja.
Dhanurmasa is the darkest month of the year. While it is believed that Shravan is the month of content, Dhanurmasa is the month of, boredom, and negativity. Hence it has to be reoriented to positive spiritual vibrations and rid human beings of listlessness and stress. So, this month carries with it, a plethora of religious instructions to follow, and spiritual guidance through scriptures which is the reason why, in this month, auspicious beginnings like marriage etc are not celebrated. This is done with the intent to engage the mind in one direction and not let it fritter out its energies in various directions. Worship of God requires total focus and faith on your part.
Why Marriages Are Not Held During Dhanurmasam Month
This month is also known usually for accidents, misunderstandings and confrontations occurring between people. It is also referred to as Shunya masa as there is a discernibly low energy level seen in human beings. When the mind is not equipped to take major decisions, due to a lack of energy and inertia, no new projects are started. If we think slightly backward in time.
We know how Bhishma pita maha in Mahabharata postponed his death and waited till the Shunya masa was over. Vishnu Sahasranama was taught to him at this very juncture. Usually, people wake up before sunrise to their sadhana. One must observe silence as far as possible to keep off the negativity during this month. "Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya" is a much-recommended mantra to be chanted. Sadhana during Dhanurmasa brings siddhi (complete enlightenment).
Dhanurmasa is also reminiscent of certain occurrences that happened in the past. Some legends say that it was the birthday of Lord Shiva. Before beginning the creation activity, Lord Shiva is believed to have summoned all nine powers into him. This was the day Lord Shiva returned back to the worldly lifestyle after the harsh Tapasya due to the demise of Sati came to an end.
Some legends note that Goddess Parvati won the heart of Lord Shiva after her extended penance and married Lord Shiva on this day. According to some more legends, Kamadeva was reborn after losing his form to the flames emitted from the third eye of Lord Shiva. As per Narada's advice, in another legendary story, it is said that Rukmini followed a fast with prayer after Goddess Parvathi, in order to marry Lord Krishna.
Despite all this, this period is treated as inauspicious for any dharmic activities. Vishnu should be worshipped and his Sahasranama chanted in the wee hours of the morning in this month, as per scriptures.
The Margashira month which falls in December-January is inspired by the star Mrigasirsha which comes immediately after Pournami or Purnima day. It is also called Dhanur masa as Sun transits through Dhanur Rashi during this month. Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita indicates that Margashirsha Masa is the best of all months. Temples especially conduct Brahma muhurta worship.
Spirituality and wedding are two subjects that are poles apart in terms of intention and rituals. So, during a spiritual month, weddings and other auspicious events should not be conducted as the month is meant for austerities and not worldly events. For marriages, the other auspicious months of Bhadrapadam, Aswiyuja and Karthika, are earmarked already as per shastras with Aswiyuja and Karthika being more favourable.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- marriage and beyondMarriage And Children: How To Keep Your Relationship Strong After Having Kid(s)
- womenDating Trend 'Consciously Single' Is Becoming Popular With Indian Women: Study Reveals Why!
- marriage and beyondHow To Make Your Partner Comfortable After Marriage: 6 Tips That Can Come Handy
- zodiac signsCancer Horoscope 2023: Cancer Varshik Rashifal, Cancer Yearly Horoscope Predictions
- festivalsVivah Panchami 2022: Lord Ram And Sita Vivah Katha
- festivalsVivah Panchami 2022: Marriage Remedies To Follow, Mantras To Chant On This Day
- lgbtqMiss Argentina And Miss Puerto Rico Reveal They Are Married: Know About Their Love Story
- festivalsKarva Chauth 2022: Know About Sargi Thali, Fasting, Moonsighting And Applying Mehendi / Alta
- festivals11 Temples To Visit In Tamil Nadu To Avoid Divorce And Have A Happy Married Life
- festivals5 Temples To Visit If Your Marriage Is Getting Delayed
- menMeet P Chandrasekaran, Techie Who Used His Marriage Savings To Build A Road In His Village
- marriage and beyondCompliments Are The Key To A Happy Marriage: Here Are 5 Reasons Why