- 49 min ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 1 hr ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 3 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- 3 hrs ago Huma Qureshi Inspires Us To Up Our Street-Style Fashion Game With 3 Awesome Sporty Outfits
- News Mumbai: TV actresses of 'Crime Patrol' and 'Savdhaan India' arrested in robbery case
- Technology Swiggy, ANRA Technologies To Start Drone-Delivery In India; When Does It Begin?
- Finance Nifty PSU Bank Extends Losses; Canara Bank Falls Over 6.5%
- Sports IPL return will be "hard to justify" for players who have withdrawn from international tours: Finch
- Movies Savdhaan India And Crime Patrol Actresses Arrested In A Robbery Case
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Know History, Significance And All About This Special Day
Rohini Vrat is one of the important festivals observed by the people belonging to the Jain community. In a year there are a total of 12 Rohini Vrat but only a few of them are considered to be extremely important. One such occasion will be observed on 17 July 2020. It is believed that observing this festival can bring blessings from Goddess Rohini. To know more about this festival, scroll down to read this article.
The Rohini Nakshatra will begin at 06:54 am on 16 July 2020 and will stay till 08: 28 pm on 17 July 2020. The devotees can observe the fast on 17 July 2020 and worship Goddess Rohini.
Rituals Of Rohini Vrat
- On this day, people wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Women who want to observe fast, make Alpina, the holy rangoli made using rice flour.
- They then worship the idol of Bhagavan Vasupujya, one of the four Tirthankara.
- The worshipping of the idol includes a sacred bath by using flowers, Chandan and other auspicious materials having fragrance.
- The idol is then offered prasad (offerings) and the prasad is later distributed among people.
Significance Of This Festival
- It is believed that fasting is done to get rid of all the sorrows and sufferings.
- Rohini is considered to be one of the 27 Nakshatras in Hindu and Jain calendar.
- People generally observed Rohini Vrat for either three, five or seven years respectively.
- This fast is mostly observed by women for the long and healthy lives of their husbands.
- The fast is observed when Rohini Nakshatra begins.
- One should do the Parana, breaking off fast during the Mrigashirsha Nakshatra.