- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- News Senior Kerala Congress leader CF Thomas no more
- Sports IPL 2020: Shubman Gill hails Pat Cummins for splendid comeback
- Technology WhatsApp ‘Expiring Media’ Feature Spotted In Latest Beta Version
- Automobiles 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up Again For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
In Hinduism, the Shravan month is considered as one of the auspicious months, as people can witness a combination of many festivals including Shravan Somwar (Sawan Somwar), Raksha Bandhan, Hariyali Teej to name a few. Nag Panchami is one of these festivals and holds a great importance among the people who follow Hinduism and are an ardent worshipper of Lord Shiva.
Every year, during the Shukla Paksha Panchami the festival is observed according to the Hindu calendar. This year, the day is on 25 July i.e., on Saturday. The muhurta (timing) for the puja will be between 05:10 AM to 07:50 AM.
According to the scriptures, Lord Shiva holds a snake around his throat, while Lord Vishnu is seen resting on the coils of Sheshnag (serpent of Lord Vishnu). Considering these aspects, snakes are regarded as deity and worshipped. The day signifies by worshipping 12 forms of Nag Devta on the auspicious time. Moreover, worshipping the snakes and offering milk to them symbolises the significance of why humans need to stay in harmony with the nature.
Timings of Nag Panchami
The duration of the Nag Panchami puja muhurta will be 2 hours and 33 minutes.
|Name of the puja||Date and Day||Start Timing||End Timing|
|Nag Panchami Tithi||24 July 2020, Friday||02:34 PM|
|Puja Vidhi Muhurat||25 July 2020, Saturday||05.10 AM||07:50 AM|
|Nag Panchami Tithi||25 July 2020, Saturday||12:02 PM|
Nag Panchami Puja Mantra
1. सर्वे नागाः प्रीयन्तां मे ये केचित् पृथ्वीतले।ये च हेलिमरीचिस्था येऽन्तरे दिवि संस्थिताः॥ये नदीषु महानागा ये सरस्वतिगामिनः।ये च वापीतडगेषु तेषु सर्वेषु वै नमः॥
Sarve Naagaah Preeyantaan me ye Kechit Prthveetale, Ye ch Helimareechistha Yentare Divi Sansthitaah, Ye Nadeeshu Mahaanaaga ye Sarasvatigaaminah, Ye ch Vaapeetadageshu teshu Sarveshu vai Namah.
Translation: We praise the snakes who live in every part of the earth- sky, lakes, heaven, ponds, wells, and sun-rays. May they bless us with a good life.
2. अनन्तं वासुकिं शेषं पद्मनाभं च कम्बलम्।शङ्ख पालं धृतराष्ट्रं तक्षकं कालियं तथा॥एतानि नव नामानि नागानां च महात्मनाम्।सायङ्काले पठेन्नित्यं प्रातःकाले विशेषतः।तस्य विषभयं नास्ति सर्वत्र विजयी भवेत्॥
Anantam Vasukim Shesham, Padmanabham cha Kambalam, Shankhapalam Dhartarashtram, Taxakam Kaliyam Tatha, Etani Nava Navaami Naganancha Mahatmana, Sayam Patenityam Prathahkaale Visheshita, Tasya Vishabhayam Naasti Sarvatra Vijayaa Bhaveth
Translation: We pray to the 9 nag devatas - Vasuki, Anant, Padmanabh, Shesh, Shankhapal, Kambal, Kalia, Takshak, and Dhrutrashtra daily in the morning to protect us from the evil and help us be successful in life.
Nag Panchami Puja Vidhi
- Draw an intertwined serpent on the doors and walls of the house.
- Place a portrait of Naga deity (made of wood, silver or stone) and bath it with milk and water.
- Chant the mantras mentioned above
- Optional to prepare a rice pudding for the deity
- Offer flowers, sandalwood, and vermilion.
- Visit the Shiva temple as it is considered auspicious