- 8 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 10 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 10 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 12 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- Sports India vs Pakistan Asia Cup Hockey 2022: Live Streaming in India, Date, Time, Venue, Head To Head, Lineup
- News Moscow presses Donbas offensive as Polish leader visits Kyiv
- Movies Hina Khan Unveils Poster Of Her Second Film Country Of Blind At The Cannes Film Festival 2022
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
In Hindu Mythology, Ganga Dussehra has great importance. According to Vikram Samvat, the Hindu Calendar, Ganga Dussehra is celebrated every year on the Dashami of Shukla Paksha in Jyeshtha month. This year the date falls on 20 June 2021. The festival is celebrated to mark the day when the holy Ganga descended on the Earth for the first time. To know more about this festival, scroll down the article below.
Auspicious Muhurta For Ganga Dussehra
Since Ganga Dussehra is observed on the Dashami tithi during the Shukla Paksha in Jyeshtha month, this year the tithi will begin at 06:45 PM on 19 June 2021. The tithi will end at 04:21 PM on 20 June 2021. The Hindus and devotees of Goddess Ganga will be celebrating the festival on 20 June 2021 as in Hinduism, a day begins only after the sunrise.
Therefore, on 20 June 2021, the devotees of the holy Ganga can take a dip into its sacred water. Those who can't go for taking a dip in the river can bathe at their homes or in other water bodies. Also, this year we are facing the novel coronavirus pandemic, therefore, bathing in the Ganges may not be feasible.
Rituals Of Ganga Dussehra
- Devotees wake up early in the morning and they freshen up.
- After this, they take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Give Arghya (water offering) to Lord Surya (Sun) and chant Om Shri Gange Namah. While chanting this mantra, pray to holy Ganga and offer Arghya to her as well.
- After this, worship the Ganges and seek blessings from her.
- Donate food, clothes, grains and money to those who are poor and helpless.
Significance Of Ganga Dussehra
- The river Ganga is often referred to as Mother as devotees believe that one can get rid of their sins by worshipping and taking a dip in the holy water of Ganga.
- It is said on this day only, river Ganga descended from heaven and blessed the earth.
- People worship river Ganga on many occasions but Ganga Dussehra has its own importance.
- The holy water of Ganga is used in many auspicious works and is considered to be extremely sacred.
- The day is believed to be highly auspicious and therefore, people prefer initiating their important work on this day.
- It is said that those who take a holy dip in the water of Ganga on this day, seek blessings in the form of purity, eternal peace and prosperity.
- Those who can't go to take a bath in the river can put a few drops of Ganga Jal in the water which is being used for bathing.
- faith mysticismUnlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- faith mysticismFasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- festivalsSindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 22 May To 28 May 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 22 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsGanga Dussehra 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- zodiac signsVenus Transit In Aries On 23 May 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies To Follow
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 21 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsKottiyoor Utsavam 2022: Date, Time, History And Significance
- festivalsSkanda Sashti 2022: Dates, Tithi, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha And Significance
- festivalsDhumavati Jayanti 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 20 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs