- 39 min ago Daily Horoscope: 19 September 2020
- 10 hrs ago 11 Best Homemade Face Masks For Acne
- 11 hrs ago What Is The Shelf Life Of Spices & How To Store Them?
- 11 hrs ago Durga Puja 2020: What Is Nabapatrika And Why Is It Worshipped
- Technology Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2020: Upto 30% Offers On Laptops
- News Shopian encounter: Army finds ‘prima facie’ evidence against troops for misusing powers under AFSPA
- Movies Vijay Sethupathi To Join Kamal Haasan-Lokesh Kanagaraj Project?
- Finance RITES Announces Share Buyback Worth Up To Rs 257 Crore
- Sports Stuart Binny wife Mayanti Langer blessed with a baby boy, anchor reveals why she isn't participating in IPL 2020
- Education JEE Main Paper 2 Result 2020 Declared For B.Arch. & B. Planning
- Automobiles Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Probably, the most beautiful in the entire epic of Lord Krishna is the kind of relationship that he shares with Yashoda Mata. The love and the bond is an example of the unmatched emotions that a mother has for her child. From the littlest mischiefs to the grief of separation that was bound to happen when Krishna left Gokul for Mathura, there have been numerous instances that would melt the heart of the reader.
While it is difficult not to love the mischievous Krishna, it is equally difficult not to feel what the sensitive heart of a mother feels for her kid, along with Yashoda. With that immense love between the two, one might not be able to make out that Yashoda was not the real mother of Lord Krishna. When he was born to Devaki in a jail cell, his father Vasudev carried him to the house of Yashoda and Nanda just to keep him safe from Kansa's sight and reach.
When Was Krishna's Mother Born?
Lord Krishna's birth at the house of Yashoda was celebrated in the entire village of Gokul. His birthday every year is celebrated as Janmashtami. But do you know when was this mother of the historic hero Krishna born? The birth anniversary of Yashoda Mata is known as Yashoda Jayanti.
Yashoda was born on the Shashthi Tithi during Falgun month as per the Hindu calendar.
Yashoda Jayanti 2019
Yashoda Mata's birthday, known as Yashoda Jayanti will be celebrated on 24 February 2019 this year. On Yashoda Jayanti, Shashthi Tithi will begin at 6.13 am on 24 February and will end at 5.04 am on 25 February 2019. The sunrise will happen at 6.56 am and the sunset will happen at 6.13 pm on the same day. It would be Swati Nakshatra till 10.03 pm.
Yashoda Jayanti Rituals
The devotees should wake up early and take bath during the Brahma Muhurat on the day of Yashoda Jayanti. They should worship Mata Yashoda as well as Lord Krishna on this day. Offer a red dupatta to the Goddess along with Panjiri and sweet chapati as the sweets to the Goddess and Lord Krishna (baby Krishna). The baby form of Lord Krishna is worshipped on this day along with Mata Yashoda.
The day is celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm in Gokul, the village of Lord Krishna, where Yashoda Mata stayed with him and Nanda. Prayers are offered to her in the temples as well.
Benefits Of Observing Yashoda Jayanti
While it is said that the one who worships her on this day, is blessed with a baby soon, another belief is that Yashoda Jayanti can also help one become more prosperous and reduce the conflicts often occurring at home, if any. One can donate a copper pot filled with wheat. This helps to increase financial soundness. The red sacred thread (moli) can be tied at the main gate of the house. This helps to reduce the conflicts and such issues at home, if any.