- 1 hr ago Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago 9 Things People With Oily Skin Should Never Do
- 7 hrs ago Hina Khan Shows Us Her Evolved Fashion Sensibility With This Sculptural Gown At Cannes 2019
- 7 hrs ago Cannes Diary 2019: Diana Penty Sticks To The Roots With Her Impeccable Sculptural Sari
- News Violence, clashes mar polling yet again in Bengal, Supriyo blames Mamata
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Movies Maharshi AP/TS Box Office Collections 10 Days: Mahesh Babu’s Movie Continues To Rake In The Moolah
- Sports Warner and Smith are ready to face fire in England: Langer
- Technology How to hide and encrypt your files on any OnePlus smartphone using Lockbox
- Automobiles Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The entire Karthika Masam is an auspicious period when Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu are worshipped. Various festivals including Diwali, Dussehra, Narak Chaturdashi, etc.
make the month an auspicious one. The occurrence of some other festivals adds to the benefits that we can retrieve by offering prayers to these deities on these special days. Ksheerabdi Dwadashi is one such day.
What Is Ksheerabdi Dwadashi
Ksheerabdi Dwadashi is also known by various other names including Tulasi Damodar Dwadashi, Chilku Dwadashi, Chukkala Dwadashi Yogeshwari Dwadashi and Yogini Dwadashi. A Hindu festival, it is celebrated mainly in the states of Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. This festival is associated mainly with Karthika Masam Shukla Ekadashi. On Shukla Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu awakes from his four-month-long sleep. This period of four months is known as Chaturmasa and is considered to be inauspicious for all forms of religious activities.
Lord Vishnu Visits The Earth
Ksheerabdi Dwadashi is the day when it is said that Lord Vishnu visits Vrindavan. Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Brahma also accompany him there. The fast that is observed on the Ekadashi the previous day, also ends on this day. The parana this year can be performed from 6:52 pm to 8:58 pm on 20 November.
Goddess Lakshmi Appeared From Ksheer Sagar
Ksheerabdi also comes from the word Ksheer Sagar, the ocean of milk, which the gods were asked to churn along with the demons. It was so done as Goddess Lakshmi had once left the abode of Lord Vishnu and hence prosperity also seemed to leave the abode. She would only return as the daughter of the ocean when the milk of the ocean would be churned. It is believed that the Goddess had appeared from the ocean on the day of Ksheerabdi Dwadashi.
Prayers Are Offered To Goddess Lakshmi, Tulsi And Amla Plants
Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped using coins on this day. It is said that she had married Lord Vishnu after appearing from the Ksheer Sagar on Dwadashi. Since Tulsi Vivah is performed on Ekadashi, a Puja of the plant is also done on this day. Some people also offer prayers to an Amla plant to please Lord Vishnu on Ksheerabdi Dwadashi.