- 3 hrs ago Calcium For Adults: Why You Need Calcium, Recommended Daily Intake And Food Sources
- 3 hrs ago Diwali 2019: This Diwali, We Have Compiled Modern Festive Wears For Discerning Men
- 3 hrs ago Congenital Insensitivity To Pain (CIP): Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago Let Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Other Divas Inspire You To Dress Your Best For Mid-Week Party
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Opens Up On Working With Varun Dhawan In Coolie No 1: 'He’s Crazy'
- Technology Lava Z41, Android Go Smartphone Launched In India For Rs. 3,899
- News Court directs registration of FIR against members of SIT that probed 2018 Kathua gangrape-murder case
- Sports Asian football final moved from North Korea after blacked-out match
- Automobiles BS-IV Models Outselling BS-VI Models This Festive Season: Heavy Discounts Being Offered
- Travel Cruise Ship: A Floating Town Of Laid-Back People
- Finance 6 Pointers To Note When Buying Gold Coin
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
Ganesha Chaturthi festival is celebrated for a period of ten days. It begins with Chaturthi and ends on the Chaturdashi Tithi. On the tenth day, the Visarjan is performed with huge pomp and show. This year, the Chaturdashi Tithi will be observed on September 23, 2018.
However, the Visarjan can be performed after one and a half, three, five, seven or nine days also. It depends to on the number of days one takes a vow to perform the puja.
What is more important are the rules that one must keep in mind while performing the Visarjan. Here we have brought to you a list of such rules that you need to follow during the Visarjan.
A puja should always be performed before performing the Visarjan. When people perform Visarjan during the evening, they simply carry the idol and immerse it. This is wrong. A puja using fresh flowers, fruits and a flower garland should always be performed. Swastivachan should be done with it.
Do not forget to prepare the Bhoga. Bhoga or a special dish should be prepared on the Visarjan day. It can be any sweet dish such as modak, laddu etc. Offer it to Lord Ganesha and then distribute this as prasad. It is a way of receiving the blessings of Lord Ganesha for a happy life.
Pomp And Show
The Visarjan should be performed with full pomp and show. Ganesha loves to see his devotees happy. All in the family, or those in the neighbourhood also, should also sing the songs of Ganesha.
Do Not Leave Before The Idol Is Completely Immersed
Do not throw the idol in water. Place it slowly. Let the idol get immersed fully and do not leave it until it has completely melted if it is an eco-friendly idol. You can perform the Visarjan at home also, but pour the muddy water into one of the flower pots.