- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 18 hrs ago Tribute: American Country Music Icon Loretta Lynn No More At 90
- 19 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- 21 hrs ago Balaji (Hanuman) of Mehandipur In Rajasthan: Timings, How To Reach, Puja Rituals And Legends
- News 'Godfather' 1st day box office collection: Chiranjeevi-starrer off to a flying start
- Movies The Ghost Day 1 Box Office Collection Worldwide: Nagarjuna's Thriller Opens To Decent Numbers!
- Sports Legends League Cricket: Full List of Award Winners, Player of the Match, Player of the Tournament
- Finance Prabhudas Lilladher Picks 5 Stocks To Buy Amid Festive Cheer For Gains Up To 20%
- Education JIO ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF JIO TRUE 5G
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV300 Sportz Edition Spotted - Comes With More Power & A Few Visual Tweaks
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
- Technology Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: What Differences Can We Expect?
Solar eclipse, Amavasya and a Saturday, all falling together on August 11, make it a highly important event this time because negative energies are believed to be comparatively more prominent on all these days. When a Muhurta (astrological time) occurs like that, it is called a Maha Sanyoga. Maha Sanyoga is a Sanskrit term which means - great occurrence of two or more events.
While there are a number of precautions that you need to take in order to protect yourself from the ill effects that generally might be caused due to an eclipse, the occurrence of Amavasya and the Saturday are making it even more fearful.
Negative Energies Might Become Prominent On Eclipse, Amavasya And Saturday
It is believed that an eclipse brings some kind of negative energies with it. An Amavasya, though generally dedicated to the worship of ancestors, is also used by the Tantriks (those who perform black magic) to perform black magic. Thus, it is said that negative energies prevail more actively in the environment on an Amavasya. The black magicians choose a Saturday more often, for carrying out the magical pujas to attract or control the spirits of the dead people. Therefore, the evil spirits are believed to be active on a Saturday night as well.
Plant This Tree Before Amavasya
Thus, the occurrence of the eclipse along with an Amavasya and a Saturday increase the overall chances of negative energies becoming more prominent, as per the astrologers. If the negative energies affect a person at all, such a day has all the capacity to cause harm to a person. However, the same Hariyali Amavasya can be used to protect oneself from all the kinds of negative energies, if you plant a Bilwa tree in your home.
Bilwa Tree Protects From The Negative Effects Of Eclipse, Amavasya & Saturday
Since the Shravana month is going on, Bilwa tree, mainly offered to Shiva, becomes more significant in this month. Planted on Hariyali Amavasya, it brings in good luck along with the blessings of Lord Shiva. As it the solar eclipse along with a Saturday's Amavasya on this day, it will protect you from all kinds of negative energies.
Shiva Purana Also Prescribes Planting Bilwa Tree
Not just this, the house where this tree is planted, becomes as pure as Kashi (the holy place dedicated to Lord Shiva), as said in the Shiva Purana. It is said that no tantrik powers or negative energies can affect such a house. The sins of more than past three lives get washed away when one offers Bilwa leaves on a Shiva linga under a Bilwa tree planted at home.
Planting this tree in the centre of the house and then watering it every day, is considered to bring virtues and the well-being of the family. Negative effects related to the unfavourable placement of Moon in the horoscope do not cause any harm when there is a Bilwa tree at home. This is so because both the moon and a Bilwa tree are associated with Lord Shiva. For instance, astrologers say, an unfavourable placement of Chandrama (Moon) can be one reason for the poor mental health of a person. Bilwa tree is believed to protect from such effects.
If we plant the Bilwa tree in the North-west, it brings respect and reputation to the members of the family. Planted in the centre of the house, it prevents family disputes and creates harmony among the members.
Bilwa Tree At Home: Rules To Follow
We must not pluck the leaves of Bilwa tree on a Monday, Amavasya or Purnima. We can, however, reuse the same leaf multiple times, after washing it. Make sure that it has not dried up and is not torn if you want to reuse it. And on every Dwadashi falling on a Sunday, we must light a lamp under this plant. Doing this brings prosperity to the house.
While offering the leaf to Shiva, make sure the smoother part of it is facing the deity. Make sure that no divine sign such as a Chakra, a trident etc., are not there on the leaf while offering it to Lord Shiva.
Worship Peepal Tree If Hariyali Amavasya Falls On A Saturday
Light a lamp under a Peepal tree, offer sweet dishes and worship the tree to get the blessings of Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. Parikrama (rounds around the tree) is done.
Many people observe fasts on this day and eat it in the evening after making some donations.
It is said that plants get a new life on Hariyali Amavasya, thus we should plant as many trees as possible. That is why Shravani Amavasya is known as Hariyali Amavasya.
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Chamunda Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- faith mysticismBalaji (Hanuman) of Mehandipur In Rajasthan: Timings, How To Reach, Puja Rituals And Legends
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 05 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Vishalakshi Shakti Peeth in Kashi
- faith mysticismNavratri 2022: Goddess Chintpurni Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 04 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismDurga Puja 2022: List Of South Indian Naivedya Offered To Goddess Durga On Navratri
- festivalsDurga Navami 2022: Maha Navami Date, Time, Significance, And Celebrations In Different States
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 03 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- remediesRemedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs