- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Janhvi Kapoor: Top 3 Party-Perfect Dresses Of The Budding Fashionista From Roohi Promotions
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 06 March 2021
- 16 hrs ago Maha Shivratri 2021: Some Rules That You Need To Follow When Observing A Fast
- 16 hrs ago Hina Khan Lights Up Our Summer Mood As She Flaunts Printed Blue Co-ord Set In Her Latest Post On Instagram
- News TN polls: AIADMK seals poll pact with BJP, gives Kanyakumari LS seat; 20 assembly segments
- Movies Janhvi Kapoor Reveals Her Birthday Wish; 'Want To Win Our The Ones Than Need To Be Won Over Through My Work'
- Technology Poco M3 Review: Got The Substance?
- Sports Road Safety World Series 2021: Virender Sehwag's ruthless 35-ball 80* guides India Legends to big win
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Automobiles New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
- Finance Post office Account Changes That You Should Know
Women are always seen as a subordinate to men. Be it in any country or culture, the position of women is always substandard when compared to men. Though many people strive on the rights for women, the patriarchal society overpowers women's right in all means. However, India is known as a spiritual country where devotees worship hundreds of deities. Hindu Goddesses are considered to be very powerful and are worshiped with pious and respect.
On this women's day, we bring you some of the most powerful Hindu Goddesses who are considered to be most powerful entities in the puranas. Hindu Goddesses are associated with water (Goddess Ganga), food (Goddess Annapurna), studies (Goddess Saraswati) and money (Goddess Lakshmi) and also all the Goddesses have their own myths and stories.
On this Women's Day, we bring you a list of Hindu Goddesses who are not only powerful but are also supreme:
Among the Hindu Deities, Goddess Lakshmi is known to be the Goddess of 'Good Luck'. She is the Goddess of wealth and prosperity, both material and spiritual. All Hindu families worship Goddess Lakshmi. Goddess Lakshmi is depicted as a beautiful woman of golden complexion, with four hands, sitting or standing on a full-bloomed lotus and holding a lotus bud, which stands for beauty, purity and fertility.
Goddess Durga is known as the Mother Goddess. Other names of Goddess Durga are Bhavani, Sherawali, Amba, Chandika, Gauri, Parvati and Vaishno Devi. She represents the fiery powers of the God. The name 'Durga' means 'inaccessible', she is the personification of the active side of the divine 'shakti' energy of Lord Shiva. Durga rides a lion, and carries weapons in her many arms. She is the protector of the righteous, and destroyer of the evil.
Goddess Kali, is the fearful and ferocious form of Goddess Durga. She is depicted to have born from the brow of Goddess Durga during one of her battles with the evil forces. Kali is represented with perhaps the fiercest features amongst all the world's deities. Her tongue protrudes from her mouth, her eyes are red. She stands with one foot on the chest of her husband, Shiva.
Saraswati is the Hindu Goddess of knowledge and learning. She represents the free flow of wisdom and consciousness. She is the mother of the Vedas, and chants to her, called the 'Saraswati Vandana' often begin and end with Vedic lessons. The Goddess of wisdom, art and music, she is believed to be the daughter of Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga. It is believed that Goddess Saraswati endows human beings with the powers of speech, wisdom and learning.
Every God in our mythology have own Shakti without which he/she is powerless. For instance, Lakshmi is shakti for Vishnu whereas Parvati is shakti for Shiva. Shakti is known as Mahadevi as she have various roles of Parvati, Durga, Sati and Kali. The people who worship Shakti utilises the energy of Tantra Yoga and Tantrics uses to believe that Shakti is the creator, destroyer and preserver of the world.
These are few powerful Hindu Goddesses who are the supreme Hindu Deities. Worshiping these Goddesses will surely bring prosperity in one's life.