- 27 min ago Rheumatoid Arthritis Awareness Day: Childhood Arthritis (Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis) Signs To Watch Out For
- 1 hr ago Mahashivratri 2023: Follow These Dos And Don'ts To Appease Lord Shiva
- 1 hr ago Eating Grapes May Reduce Risk Of Sunburn: How Many Should You Eat?
- 2 hrs ago Realising Your Ignorance Is The First Step You Take Towards Knowledge
- Finance NBFC Stock Hits New 52-Week High After Declaring Dividend, Gets Buy Call For Upside
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Anupamaa Actor Roots For Sumbul Touqeer; Says ‘Uski Energy Bahut Achi Hai’
- Sports Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny set to miss months with Knee Injury
- News Prophet Muhammad, Jesus Christ's ancestors were Sanatani Hindus: Shankaracharya Swami
- Travel Best Destination For Elderly Couples In India To Visit On Valentine 2023
- Automobiles Tata Blocked Porsche From Using The Safari Name - Here's Why We Got The 911 Dakar
- Technology Motorola Moto Edge 40 Pro Renders Leak: 6.67-Inch Curved OLED Display, SD8 Gen2 SoC Expected
- Education SMIT Admission 2023: Registration Started; Check Details Here
Saraswati is the divine consort of Lord Brahma, who created the universe. Through her originated the Vedas, and the Devanagari or Sanskrit letters or script. Saraswathi river is one of the forms that she takes on Earth, which is associated with fertility. She also rules the aspect of speech. She personifies excellence in sciences, arts and crafts. Goddess Saraswathi is known to be the daughter of Lord Shiva and Goddess Durga.
It is Goddess Saraswati who empowers human beings with the powers of speech and wisdom. The Vedic lessons taught to the students by the Guru begin and end with Saraswati Vandana.
The basic eligibility to being the wife of Lord Brahma, who creates the universe, is to be wise and learned. This was the reason why she was called the consort of Brahma.
She is pure and wears pristine white shaded attire and induces knowledge by dispelling the darkness of ignorance. She identifies with the power (Shakti) and the divine intellect of Brahma which is why there is an immaculate glow about her.
1. She wears white-hued attire which is why she is named Shwetambari. White stands for what is just, honest and simple. She proves by her example that all knowledge should remain pure like the mother goddess. She is also associated with the colour yellow, the predominant colour of spring. Adorned with simple jewels, she displays her preference for knowledge over material gains.
2. Her four hands are proof that she pervades all four directions.
3. The book that she holds in her hands represents all sciences. The palm leaf in her hand is representative of knowledge and wisdom.
4. Akshamala in the right hand depicts her austerities, tapasya and the chant (Ajapajapa) that goes on forever.
5. The veena in her hands symbolises the rhythm that acts as the background for the worldly operations in the universe and the Nada brahman which is the originating point for the whole world.
6. Four arms represent the four elements of mind, intellect, alertness and ego. The four arms also indicate four Vedas. The prose is signified by the book, poetry by the Akshamala, and music by the Veena. The pot of sacred water brings out the element of purity that resides within the above three elements.
7. She is seated on a lotus which shows by example, that one should remain untouched by the vrittis, or the mental unrest. Although immersed in worldly engagements, the mind should be free of the ripples that it creates within us.
8. The swan or the vehicle where she sits has the power to separate the water from the milk which means that it knows how to pick the best from what is given. It is known to symbolise wisdom and knowledge to sift the wheat from the chaff. It stands for the divine sattvic nature of Goddess Saraswati.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- festivalsSaraswati Puja: 5 Offerings For Goddess Saraswati On Basant Panchami
- festivalsBasant Panchami: How To Perform Saraswati Puja At Home
- festivalsGoddess Saraswati Mantras And Benefits
- festivalsBasant Panchami 2023: Some Dos And Don'ts To Be Followed
- remediesBasant Panchami 2023: Astrological Remedies To Follow
- yoga spiritualityBasant Panchami 2022: Chant These Mantras and Aarti on Saraswati Puja
- yoga spiritualityBasant Panchami 2022: How To Worship Goddess Saraswati According To Your Zodiac Sign
- festivalsBasant Panchami 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Puja Vidhi, Katha, Saraswati Vandana
- festivalsBasant Panchami 2022: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- faith mysticismBasant Panchami 2022: Things To Know About Goddess Saraswati
- festivalsBasant Panchami 2022: Quotes, Messages & Wishes To Share On Saraswati Puja
- fashion trendsEthnic Outfits For Saraswati Puja: Exude Festive Vibes With These Ivory And Golden Designer Outfits