- 12 hrs ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 12 hrs ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 13 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- 1 day ago Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Sports PKL 2019: Gujarat Fortune Giants to open campaign against Bengaluru Bulls
- Movies Madhur Bhandarkar’s Indu Sarkar To Be Included In The National Film Archives: Read Details
- News Dikshit's last instruction: Protest at BJP office if standoff between Priyanka, UP govt goes on
- Automobiles Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Technology Portronics ‘Power Wallet 10K: Travel Organizer With Built-in 10,000mAh Power Bank
- Education ICSI CS Foundation June Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On This Date
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Lord Hanuman is often described as the most powerful, invincible and immortal God. It is said that he still exists on earth in various forms and comes as and when his devotees call him for help. You can find many devotees even today who claim about either having seen him or experienced his powers. But how did he become so powerful? Here is the answer.
Lord Brahma's Curse To The Celestial Nymph
It all started when a celestial nymph named Anjana was cursed by Lord Brahma to turn into a monkey. When she apologised, Lord Brahma's heart melted. Though taking back a curse was not an option, he said that she would regain her original form after giving birth to a monkey. He also added that the child would attain popularity throughout the universe.
Lord Indra Attacks With The Vajra
Lord Indra, the king of gods saw Lord Hanuman approaching the sun and understood the matter. In order to stop him, he threw his weapon, the Vajra (thunderbolt). The weapon injured Hanuman who then fell down.
An Infuriated Lord Vayu Went On A Strike
This infuriated his father, Lord Vayu. The lord of wind decided to go on a strike. Things went helter-skelter without the wind. Neither could the water-filled clouds move, nor could the soft breeze save people from the excessive heat of the sun. The atmosphere lost its balance in the absence of wind.
All Gods Bless Lord Hanuman
To calm down Lord Vayu, all the gods started giving blessings to Lord Hanuman. Lord Brahma said that no weapon would be able to hurt Hanuman, he would be able to change his form and travel everywhere he wanted. Lord Indra said that the Vajra would no more hurt Hanuman and that his body would become more powerful than the weapon. Lord Varun, offered him protection from water and Lord Agni from fire.
While Lord Yama blessed him with a healthy life and immortality, Lord Surya gave him the power to change his size at will. Similarly, Lord Vishwakarma, the divine architect blessed him with safety from all the objects that he created. Hence this multitude of boons made him so strong and powerful.