- 37 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 10 December 2019
- Movies Samantha Akkineni Refuses To Be A Part Of This Ambitious Remake?
- News Kopardi rape case: Pro-Maratha outfit seeks speedy justice in
- Sports Champions League preview: Liverpool face tricky test at Salzburg
- Technology Massive Asteroid Approaching Earth At 44,172 Km/h; Should You Worry?
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
A disciple once approached his Guru and said that he did not find any progress despite devoting his time to meditation.
The Guru pointed out that he had not been really practising enough. He also alerted that death was immanent in about a week (for the disciple) and if he did not practise properly, self realisation would be postponed for several births.
The disciple on realising the seriousness of the issue, devoted his entire time for meditation. At the end of seven days, an impenetrable calmness had descended on him. When he met the Guru, the Guru pointed out that in his earlier efforts there was a lack of diligence and dedication. Hence he had to lie to him that he was to die in a week simply to push him to practise more. He also pointed out that only dedicated efforts can bring about self realisation.
The Hindu story thus conveys the truth of diligent efforts.