- News UP registers first case under new anti-conversion law in Bareilly district
- Finance Burger King IPO: Should You Invest?
- Sports India vs Australia, 2nd ODI: Hardik Pandya bowls for first time in over a year
- Technology Last Lunar Eclipse Of 2020: How To Watch November Lunar Eclipse
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Jabardasth Avinash To Bid Goodbye To Nagarjuna Akkineni’s Show?
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
A disciple once approached his Guru and said that he did not find any progress despite devoting his time to meditation.
The Guru pointed out that he had not been really practising enough. He also alerted that death was immanent in about a week (for the disciple) and if he did not practise properly, self realisation would be postponed for several births.
The disciple on realising the seriousness of the issue, devoted his entire time for meditation. At the end of seven days, an impenetrable calmness had descended on him. When he met the Guru, the Guru pointed out that in his earlier efforts there was a lack of diligence and dedication. Hence he had to lie to him that he was to die in a week simply to push him to practise more. He also pointed out that only dedicated efforts can bring about self realisation.
The Hindu story thus conveys the truth of diligent efforts.