- 17 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Finance Yes Bank's Ratings Placed Under Review By Moodys
- News Explained: What is the Behmai massacre
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Osho comments on a story of H.G.Wells.
A small tribe in a valley in Mexico was filled with people who were blind. This was because of the bite of a certain fly that caused blindness. Every child born was born with the gift of sight,only to be bitten by the fly to lose its eye sight. Hence vision was something peculiar to these people.
A man from another place who heard about the peculiarity of the this valley made a visit, getting intrigued. He however fell in love with a blind girl who also reciprocated his love.
The blind people of the valley were against their marriage as they thought that the man was mad as he spoke of rainbows, the sun, moon the stars and so on. They were reluctant to give their girl in marriage to an insane person. Finally they conceded owing to the fact that the couple loved each other dearly, however on one condition! The condition was that the man should have his eyes blinded in order to marry the girl!
Osho says, that a person who has a different view is thought as insane owing to the fact that the conditioned majority follow a similar view! This is especially true of a vast majority who look down upon spiritual people as insane, he says.