- 1 hr ago Labyrinthitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago Can Diabetics Donate Blood? Everything You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago Q-Rious 2019: A Corporate Networking Event For LGBTQ+ Community Is Going To Be Held In Delhi
- 2 hrs ago Malavika Mohanan Makes Us Want To Up Our Dress Game With Casual Outfits
- News Sikkim State Lotteries Diwali Bumper: Small Businessman from WB wins first prize of Rs 5 Crore
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 46 - Will Mahira and Paras be the next duo to part ways in the Bigg Boss house?
- Sports IPL 2020: Sunrisers Hyderabad release Shakib, Yusuf: List of released, retained players, purse for IPL auction
- Finance Why Did Bharti Airtel Shares Gain In Trade On Friday Despite Massive Q2 Loss?
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
- Technology Vodafone Idea's ARPU Declines To Rs.107 During Q2FY20
- Automobiles Jawa Perak Launched In India At Rs 1.94 Lakh: New Bobber-Style Jawa To Rival RE Classic 350
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
Princess Diana was one of the most influential people of the 20th century. She was a style icon, an activist and a spearhead woman. She was the member of the British royal family who married Charles, Prince of Wales, and the mother of Prince Harry and Prince William.
Her life was always in the spotlight under public scrutiny. She married Charles in 1981 and divorced him in 1996. Princess Diana died on 31 August 1997. On her death anniversary, here are some facts about her.
1. As a child, Princess Diana studied ballet and was passionate about ballet dancing.
2. In 1981, when Diana married Prince Charles, around 750 million people around the world tuned in to watch the marriage.
3. Her favourite colour was pink, she was often seen wearing outfits in shades of pink.
4. She chose to omit the royal wedding vow tradition of saying she would "obey" Prince Charles.
5. Her favourite dessert was bread and butter pudding.
6. Princess Diana's wedding dress had a 25-foot-long train, decorated with sequins, embroidery and 10,000 pearls.
7. Although royal engagement rings are usually custom made, Diana selected her ring from the Garrard jewellery collection catalogue. The ring consists of 14 solitaire diamonds around a 12-carat sapphire set in white gold.
8. Princess Diana would take her sons for outings which aren't typical for royal children like Disney World, AIDS clinics, cinema and homeless shelters.
9. She suffered from bulimia, an eating disorder.
10. She was committed to charity work. She had auctioned her iconic dresses to raise $5million for AIDS and breast cancer charities.
11. Diana's favourite designer was Catherine Walker, who designed many of Diana's most iconic looks.
12. She opened UK's first HIV/AIDS unit at London Middlesex Hospital.
13. She was known to be a huge fan of Swedish pop music group ABBA.
14. In 1992, Andrew Morton, a British journalist wrote a book 'Diana: Her True Story - In Her Own Words' based on the tapes he had received from Diana.