- 58 min ago Born In August: What Does Your Personality Trait Say About You?
- 1 hr ago Maharashtra: Thane Records 978 New Covid-19 Cases; Active Tally At 5,634
- 2 hrs ago India Emerged Successfully In The Management Of Covid-19 Pandemic: Mansukh Mandaviya
- 2 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Gemini On 02 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Sports UFC Vegas 57 results and recap: Gamrot edges Tsarukyan as Rakhmonov keeps undefeated stoppage streak intact
- News Shinde camp likely to move court challenging group leader appointed by Uddhav Thackeray
- Education TS SSC, Inter Result 2022: Date, Time, How To Check Telangana Board Result At bse.telangana.gov.in
- Technology Google Donates 30,000 Pixel Phones To Ukraine, Afghanistan Refugees
- Finance 4 Stocks That Investors Could Buy Next Week For Good Gains
- Automobiles Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- Movies Cobra: Chiyaan Vikram To Play 20 Characters in The Ajay Gnanamuthu Directorial?
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
On Wednesday, 25 May, Captain Abhilasha Barak, a 26-year-old from Haryana, made history when she became the first female officer to join the Army Aviation Corps of the Indian Army as a Combat Pilot/Aviator.
Image Source: Indian Army Instagram
She was awarded this prestigious position along with 36 other Army pilots after successfully graduating from the Combat Army Aviation Training School in Nashik, Haryana. The award was given by the director-general and colonel commandant of Army Aviation, Lt. Gen. A. K. Suri.
Who Is Captain Abhilasha Barak?
Captain Abhilasha Barak is from Haryana and joined the Army Air Defence Corps in September 2018. She is the daughter of Colonel S. Om Singh (Retd). Barak says that it was her brother's passing out parade at the Indian Military Academy in the year 2013 that cemented her decision to join the army.
According to officials, Captain Abhilasha completed a number of professional military courses before joining the Army Aviation Corps.
"While growing up in military cantonments and being surrounded by people in uniform, it always seemed like an ordinary affair. I never realised it (that it was different) until our family moved out of the military life after my father's retirement in 2011. The feeling only grew stronger after seeing my elder brother's passing out parade at the Indian Military Academy in 2013. That was the moment I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life," Captain Barak said in an in-house interview shared recently by the Indian Army.
Facts About Captain Abhilasha Barak
- Captain Barak attended the Lawrence School in Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh.
- She received her B Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Delhi Technological University in 2016 and was placed at Deloitte in the United States.
- She was commissioned into the Indian Army in 2018 after graduating from the Officers Training Academy in Chennai.
- President Ram Nath Kovind chose her as a contingent commander for the Presentation of Colours to Army Air Defence during her attachment with the Corps of Army Air Defence.
- She received an "A" in the Army Air Defence Young Officers course, a 75.70 per cent in the Air Traffic Management and Air Laws course, and passed the Part B promotional exam on her first attempt.
- During Operation Meghdoot in 1987, her father led a patrolling party from Amar Post to Bana Top Post (earlier known as Quaid Post). He suffered from cerebral oedema as a result of the bad weather and was returned to Amar Post, where he was evacuated just in time. Her father owes his life to the Indian Army Aviation Corps, and so does she.
- womenWho Was Anne Frank? Google Dedicates Doodle To Honour The Life Of The Holocaust Victim
- womenWho Is Droupadi Murmu? Here's Everything You Need To Know About India's Presidential Candidate
- wellness11 Health Symptoms Women Shouldn't Ignore
- beyond love24-Year-Old Gujarati Woman All Set To Marry Without A ‘Dulha’ In India's First Sologamy
- festivalsAhilya Bai Holkar Jayanti 2022: Facts About 'The Philosopher Queen' Of Malwa
- womenMeet 42-Year Old Laxmi Jadhav, Mumbai's First Female BEST Bus Driver
- womenWHO Honours 1 Million ASHA Women For COVID-Care Role
- womenCannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- parents and childrenMother's Day Gifting Ideas As Per Your Mom's Zodiac Sign - Expert Suggestions
- womenWorld's Oldest Person Kane Tanaka Passes Away At 119: Know Her Secret To A Long Life
- womenExpert Explains: Hindu Women's Right To Property In India - Married, Unmarried, Widowed, First And Second Wife
- womenLegendary Singer-Actress Barbra Streisand At 80: Still Topping The Charts!