- 10 min ago Best And Perfect Travel Companions Based On The Zodiac Signs
- 10 min ago National Handloom Day: Tiger Stripes Collection By Chakradhara & WWF India
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 07 August To 13 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 07 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Medvedev wins first title of 2022 in Los Cabos, Kyrgios into Washington decider
- News Lumpy skin disease: Rajasthan worst hit state
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Soon Launch The Updated Xpulse 200T Motorcycle
- Technology OnePlus 10T 5G Vs Oppo Reno8 Pro 5G: Which Makes A Better Camera Phone?
- Finance 20 Midcap, Smallcap & Largecap Stocks To Buy For Solid Gains Going Ahead
- Movies Mammootty To Reunite With Puzhu Director Ratheena For His Next: Reports
- Travel Best Water & Amusement Parks in Tamil Nadu
- Education JEE Main 2022 Result For Session 2 Is Expected To Be Announced By NTA Today
Bhagwani Devi Dagar, a 94-year-old Indian sprinter, won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint at the World Masters Athletics Championships in Finland.
Image Source: Dept of Sports MYAS/Twitter
She finished first in the gold with a time of 24.74 seconds and also took home the bronze in shot-put.
Bhagwani Devi, a native of Haryana, was congratulated on Monday by the governor of Haryana, Bandaru Dattatreya, and the chief minister, Manohar Lal Khattar.
According to Khattar, she has developed into a source of inspiration for the entire globe, at the age of 94.
"This achievement of hers will work to fuel enthusiasm among the youth. Bhagwani Devi has once again proved that age is not a barrier to achieving anything in life. "
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweeted, "Inspirational! Even at 94, Bhagwani Devi Ji wins a #Gold in the 100-meter sprint and two #Bronze medals for India at the World Masters Athletics Championships 2022 in Finland.
Image Source: Hardeep Singh Puri/Twitter
The World Masters Athletics Championships that took place this year were planned to take place in Toronto, Canada, from 20 July to 1 August, 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 epidemic, it was postponed and then took place from June 29 to July 10.
At the National Masters Athletics Championships, which were held in Chennai, Bhagwani won three gold medals, following which she earned a spot at the World Masters Championships.
According to reports, Bhagwani has also won gold in javelin throw, 100 m sprint and shot put earlier in Delhi Athletics Championship.
Another athlete, Rambai, who is a 105-year-old woman from Haryana too, ran 100 metres at the National Open Masters Athletics Championships in Vadodara last month. The Haryana-born athlete finished the 200 metres on Sunday in one minute, 52 seconds and the 100 metres on June 15, winning two gold medals during the tournament.
- womenFree The Nipples: Will Going Bra-Less Ever Be Considered Normal?
- women fashionFirst Ever Indian Barbie Doll With Jhumkas Is What Representation Is All About!
- womenViral Video: Medical Students Walk Out From Induction Ceremony As Anti-Abortion Keynote Speaker Takes Stage
- fashion trendsPresident Droupadi Murmu Takes Oath In White Santali Saree: Know The Draping Style, History And Price
- womenEva Peron: Argentinian Legend Lives On 70 Years Later
- womenNeck Bent At 90 Degrees, Indian Doc Saves Pak Girl’s Life, Treats Her Successfully For Free
- womenPlanning For A Solo Trip? Here Are The 10 Most Safe Places To Travel Alone As A Woman And Tips
- womenRemoval Of Mangalsutra By Wife Reflects Mental Cruelty Of Highest Order: Madras High Court
- womenWoman Explains On TikTok Why She Refrains From Shaving Her Armpits, Video Goes Viral
- womenWoman Breaks Taboo, Adds 'Sex Work' As Experience In Her LinkedIn Profile, Netizens Applaud
- womenItalian Actress Gina Lollobrigida Turns 95: A Look At The Cinema Icon's Career
- womenWho Was Anne Frank? Google Dedicates Doodle To Honour The Life Of The Holocaust Victim