- 1 hr ago Your Classic Denim-On-Denim Edit Ft. Sanam Saeed And Mahira Khan
- 2 hrs ago Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- 3 hrs ago Anushka Sharma And Kalki Koechlin Give Us Cool Outfit Goals And Convince Us To Use Black And White Filter More
- 5 hrs ago Gigi Hadid Teases Fans With Her Summer-Perfect Tangerine-Yellow Eye Makeup; Copy It Now!
- News Ahmedabad: Alert staffer returns returns lost bag with USD 750 to passenger
- Finance Market Closing: Sensex, Nifty End Flat Amid Volatility
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Collaborates With Victoria's Secret, Says She Got Her First Gift From The Brand At 16
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Best Father’s Day Quotes, Essay And Speech Ideas
- Sports WTC Final: India vs New Zealand: Persistent drizzle washes out toss, first session at Ageas Bowl on Day 1
- Technology Amazon Mi Watch Active Quiz Answers: Win Mi Watch Revolve Active
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
Getting to know your partner's family members and developing a good rapport with them may make you feel nervous. While some people are lucky enough to have a good bond with their partner's family, others may find it difficult. They may not like their partner's family for some reason. If you are among those people, then we bet that there can be times when you may feel that your relationship is being affected. This is because your partner's family is dear to him/her. Though your partner may not say anything to you, we are sure that he/she wants you to have a good relationship with his/her family.
Therefore, today we are here with some tips that tell you what to do when you do not like his/her family. Scroll down the article to read more.
1. Talk About It With Your Partner
This is one of the most important things that you need to do, especially when you don't like his/her family. Tell your partner what makes you dislike them. Is it their habit of ignoring you or because they feel you are a no-good match for your partner. Whatever it is, letting your partner know the same will eliminate any chances of misunderstandings and bitter feelings.
2. Try To Engage In Some Creative Activity
You may find it difficult to spend some good time with them if you do not like them. But if you are willing to develop a good relationship with your partner's family, then you can come with some ideas to engage yourselves in some creative activity. You can either organise a picnic or go for a circus show. You can also visit them once or twice a month. To make yourself feel comfortable, you can also include your partner in whatever you do. This way you will be able to have a great time with them.
3. Set Healthy Boundaries
Setting up some healthy boundaries is always a good thing to do. For example, if your partner's mother every now and then tries to control your relationship and often imposes her beliefs and opinions on you, then you can think of setting up some boundaries. Let them know what are those matters in which you would like to seek their help. Also, if you feel that they are interfering in matters between you and your partner, then you can talk about the same with your partner's family.
4. Be Kind And Polite To Them
It is important to understand that you can never win over your partner's family with anger and hatred. The best way to win over them and have a cordial relationship with them is by being kind and polite. Try to behave in a gentle manner even if you do not like them at all. Your polite and kind behaviour will help you in developing trust. Moreover, they may see you as a good person.
5. Try To Get Used To Family Culture And Tradition
One of the reasons why you and your partner's family aren't on good terms can be that you aren't interested in their culture and tradition. Therefore, try to show some genuine interest in their culture. You can try to learn their language, food preferences, etc. This way you will not only impress them but will also ward off the negativity between you and them.
6. Appreciate Their Efforts
This is another thing that you can do to ensure that you are trying your best to be on good terms with your bae's family members. Though you may not find them doing good things for you, it is good to appreciate their hard work and achievements. Let them feel that you are a positive person and you acknowledge their hard work. This way you will also impress your significant other and his/her family.
7. Surprise Them With Gifts
This could be another thing that you can do when you don't like your partner's family. To ensure that your partner feels happy to see you have a good bond with his/her family, you can try to surprise them with some gifts. For example, you can bring gifts for your partner's parents on their anniversary or any festive occasion.
8. Avoid Bad Mouthing Any Of Them
Even if you are unable to build a good bond with your partner's family, it is never a good thing to badmouth them. Badmouthing them may annoy your partner and he/she may think that you are a bad person. Moreover, this may create further differences between you and your partner. Instead of talking behind their backs, you can directly talk to your partner about it or with his/her family members.