Today, the average length of a relationship is reducing and most of us perceive so many external reasons behind the failing relationships.
But what could be the internal reason? Well, in simpler words, lack of love is what separates two people. But if you want a scientific explanation for that, you may need to read this post completely.
Also Read: What Happens If You Do Not Marry Till 35?
Recently, researchers found out the main ingredient of relationships which can decide the length of a relationship. Read on to know more about that ingredient.
What Decides The Length Of A Relationship?
A new study claims that oxytocin levels in the brain decide the length of a relationship. Maybe that is the reason why oxytocin is called as the love hormone.
How Researchers Came To Know About This?
When researchers compared couples who are together for long and those who have just broke up, they realised that lower levels of oxytocin in the couples can make them feel like walking out of the relationship.
Also Read: Signs Your Job Is Killing Your Marriage
What Can Make Or Break Relationships?
Researchers first examined oxytocin levels in couples who have just started dating each other and called them after 6-8 months later.
What they realised was that the couples in whom higher levels of oxytocin levels were recorded were happier in their relationships and the rest of the couples almost broke up!
Conclusion Of The Study
This study made researchers conclude that oxytocin can be a very important factor in deciding the average length of a relationship.
Also Read: How To Deal With Childless Marriage
Researchers also used a spray of oxytocin to see whether it could instantly boost the quality of relationships. It worked and in animals also, researchers noticed the fact that oxytocin makes monkeys kinder towards their babies though they are in an irritated mood!
What Can We Do About This?
Can we do anything about relationships after knowing about this discovery? Well, maybe it is better to find ways of releasing oxytocin in order to prolong the length of a relationship.
What Boosts Oxytocin Levels?
What helps release oxytocin? Cuddling, spending quality time together, touching each other with love and trying to understand each other may help boost oxytocin levels.
- Intense Relationships Are What Define These Zodiac Signs
- Install, Uninstall And Reinstall Love In Your Life
- If I Fall In Love With You, How Will The Relationship Look Like?
- How To Love Without Having Attachment? You Need To Learn The Skills
- How To Not Fall In Love? Turn Away The Trouble In The Other Direction
- Give Space In A Relationship Instead Of Love
- Love Is Not A Feeling Then What Is Love?
- Thoughts Of Love In Your Mind Is Crap And Not Love; Remember It
- Why Do We Get Attracted To Tough Men?
- Signs He Respects And Adores The Soul Inside You
- Men Say “I Love You” Without Even Uttering A Word. How?
- What Do You Think Your Relationship Needs From You?