Generally, men are perceived as the ones who initiate an assault physically. But a small percentage of men are on the receiving end too. And yes, those men feel traumatised and scared just like the way any other victim of physical abuse.
A new study says that anybody who is a victim of physical abuse tends to undergo pain irrespective of their gender.
Also Read: What Is Emotional Abuse In Relationships?
Here are some surprising facts which are a result of a new study.
What's Physical Abuse?
Physical abuse or assault can even include undesirable touch at unwanted places. It could even be rape. Such action could trigger depression fear, addictions, shock, anxiety and even suicidal thoughts whether it is a man or a woman.
What Studies Say?
Till now, a majority of the studies were focused on the consequences of such actions in women but very less has been studied about cases where men were on the receiving end. But a new study says that even men get terribly affected when they are abused by anyone.
Conflicting Opinions On This
Till now, there were conflicting opinions on this. It is natural to think that men enjoy physical abuse or men can fight such abuse and defend themselves.
But contrary to such opinions, a new study claimed that there are some men who could not fight unwanted touch and suffered depression due to sexual abuse!
Myths About Men
This study finally cleared the myths. Both men and women who are victims of physical abuse react in the same way. Depression could occur to both the genders in such helpless situations.
Also Read:Signs Of Brainwashing In Relationships
What A Recent Study Says
After studying a group of 11000 men and women, researchers came to a conclusion that physical abuse or domestic violence can affect anyone irrespective of their genders.
What Surveys Say
Surveys say that men constitute more than 20% of the unreported cases of physical abuse. Most of them silently suffer. Also, as men don't cry publicly or vent out their frustration, they may tend to deal with the pain silently but sooner or later, they too experience depression due to that.
- Signs That Suggest The Man You Like Only Likes You As His Friend
- Certain Things You Should Never Text Your Ex
- What Happens When You Are No More Hunting The Memories Of Love?
- Secret Relationships Work In Favour Of The Ones Involved; Yes Or No?
- Why Does Everyone Want A Relationship To Last Forever?
- Pick Me Up By The Waist And Drop My Energy Down
- Find Out If It Is Love Or Infatuation. Follow These Tips
- Signs You Are In Denial Of Struggling In A Bad Relationship
- I Used To Be Your Everyday Read, Now Just An Old Book In Your Library
- Let's Rest Together Reliving The Past Memories Of Love
- Goodbye To The Love That Never Happened To Be Mine
- Most Embarrassing Acts Done By Your Boyfriend