- 7 hrs ago Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- 17 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, And Other Best And Worst Dressed Celebs Of This Week
- 18 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 2 – Here Is How You Can Ace The White Make-up Look
- 18 hrs ago Altitude Sickness: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- News No 'Bhaiyo aur Behno' or ‘Mitron' this time, Modi greets the Texan way
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race
- Sports Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: Joy of six for Klopp's men
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Automobiles Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Yum Yai salad is a quintessential example of a Thai dish since it incorporates the five tastes integral to this cuisine: sweet, sour, salty, bitter and spicy. This recipe is found more in the Southern part of Thailand and it's inspired by her present coastal surroundings. This is a very delicious and healthy salad which is low in fat, high in lean protein and light on tummy . The beauty of this salad is in its minimal processing and its fresh ingredients.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Salad
Calamari - ½ cup
Prawns - 1 cup
Anchovies - ½ cup
Baby Octopus - less than ½ cup
Asparagus - 2
Fresh Orange Segments - 4-5
Rocket Leaves - 10-12 leaves
Ice burg - few leaves
Pickled thinly sliced breakfast radish
Pickled sliced baby cucumber
Pea shoot to garnish
Oil to fry
Tempura flour - ½ cup
FOR NAMPRIK PAO DRESSING
Shallots - 4
Garlic Pod - 2-3
Dry Red Chilli - 1tbsp
Tamarind Paste - 1 tbsp
Palm Sugar - 1 tbsp
Fish Sauce - 2 tsp
Heat Oil In A Small Frying Pan Over Medium-High Heat.
Add The Sliced Shallots And Garlic, Fry Until They Turn Golden Brown And Slightly Crispy .
Fry Dry Chillies As Well. Make Sure Not To Burn It.
Remove Garlic And Dry Red Chillies, Shallots With A Slotted Spoon
From The Oil And Set In A Bowl To Cool.
Leave Remaining Oil In The Pan.
Combine The Prepared Chili With Fish Sauce, Sugar, Tamarind And Little Water Using A Pestle & Mortar.
Also Add The Fried Garlic And Shallots.
Pound All Together To Form A Thick Paste.
Add This Paste To Your Frying Pan And Stir It Into The Oil Over Low Heat, Gently Simmering Until You Get A Fairly Even Consistency.
Adjust The Taste, Adding More Fish Sauce If Required.
Cool The Prepared Sauce And Finish With Fresh Lemon Juice.
Clean the calamari & prawns.
Remove tail and head of prawns and blanch in hot water and shock it in cold water.
Cut the calamari into rings and cook the same way as prawns.
Using tempura flour make batter with cold water and fry baby octopus and asparagus.
And keep aside.
ASSEMBLING THE SALAD
In a mixing bowl, add rocket lettuce, ice berg lettuce, prepared calamari and prawns.
Dress it with namprik pao dressing.
Using a round deep plate place the dressed lettuce and seafood.
Finish with orange segments , fried octopus and asparagus along with pickled vegetables and pea shoots
- 1. You can use brown sugar with maple syrup instead of palm sugar.
- Serving Size - 1 small plate
- Calories - 130cal
- Fat - 2g
- Protein - 24g
- Carbohydrates - 3g
- Sugar - 1g