- News News broadcasters seek parity in GST with print media after meeting FM Sitharaman
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Sports Hit by Cummins, Shikhar Dhawan could be available for series-decider in Bengaluru
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Chicken is one dish that is savoured by one and all. The steamy story of chicken makes it all the more healthier and quicker. Once steamed, the conventionally unhealthy chicken leaves behind its side-effects and becomes high in protein and muscle-building nutrients. When clubbed with garlic, ginger and onions, chicken surely turns out to be drool worthy.
Steaming chicken enables us to keep the calories and fat count low in the dish. Here's a simple yet lip-smacking steamed chicken recipe.
Recipe By: Chef Choong Chew Loon
Recipe Type: Main Course
Chicken breast halves (bone-in or out) - 4
Neutral oil, such as canola or grape seed - 1/2 cup
Trimmed scallions (white and green parts combined, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces) - 1/4th cup
Ginger (peeled and sliced) - 1 small piece
Garlic (peeled and sliced) - 5-6 cloves
Salt to taste
Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
Sesame oil - 1 tsp
1. Clean and thoroughly wash the chicken and place it on a clean plate.
2. Take some salt and spread the salt evenly on both sides of the cleaned chicken.
3. Take a clean baking dish. Before placing the chicken on the dish, put the peeled and cut ginger and garlic slices below it.
4. Place the chicken on the spread ginger and garlic slices and then scatter some finely chopped spring onions on the top.
5. Steam the chicken for a good 30 minutes over high heat or until it is cooked through.
6. Once cooked thoroughly, allow the cooked chicken to cool a little.
7. After the chicken cools down, put it into a sealable plastic bag.
8. Once packed n the plastic bag, drop the whole bag into ice water and allow the chicken to cool completely.
9. Now, take a clean bowl and prepare to cook the sauce meanwhile.
10. Stir together the ginger, oil, scallions, and salt in the bowl.
11. Add a tablespoon of good-quality soy sauce into it and mix everything together. This forms a simple but full-of-aroma sauce.
12. Remove the packed chicken from the ice water and unseal the packet.
13. Cut the cooked and tender chicken into pieces of your favourite size and set aside. Shred some pieces and slice some.
14. Now take a clean serving dish.
15. Arrange the shredded chicken on the bottom of a serving dish, and then arrange the sliced chicken on top.
16. When the chicken is done, drizzle it with the soy sauce and sesame oil and serve.
17. Pass the above-made sauce at the table or divide it into four small bowls for dipping.
- 1. The sauce mixture should be quite strong. You can add more ginger, scallions, or salt as per your taste.
- 2. Make sure the soy sauce is of a good quality, to get the perfect taste.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 1053 cal
- Fat - 30 g
- Protein - 94 g
- Carbohydrates - 78 g