- 55 min ago Designer Neeta Lulla Shares Interesting Details About Sridevi’s Costumes In A Movie On Her Instagram
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Urvashi Dholakia: Her Stylish Looks As Komolika From Kasautii Zindagii Kay
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 09 July 2020
- 14 hrs ago National Cleft And Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month: What Is Cleft Lip And Palate?
- Movies Saumya Tandon's Personal Hair Stylist Tests Positive For COVID-19; BGPH Makers Release Statement
- Sports Sophie Devine appointed full-time captain of New Zealand women's cricket team
- News Kanpur firing: Vikas Dubey arrested in MP's Ujjain
- Technology Redmi Note 9 India Launch Likely Set For This Month
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 74.94 Per US Dollar
- Automobiles BS4 Vehicles Sold After March 31 Deadline Cannot Be Registered Says Supreme Court
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
A mouth-watering appetizer recipe, shiitake and filo mille feuille with red pepper pesto is a sure-shot hit amongst small gatherings, especially the one you can serve at kitty parties. An Asian serving, the dish is easy to make and is healthier than the other variants of mushroom.
Shiitake mushroom are considered a curative mushroom that are loaded with health benefits, including controlling cholesterol and being antioxidant in nature amongst others.
Chef Nishant Choubey has given us an elaborate recipe on how to make the shiitake and filo pie. Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure.
Recipe By: Chef Nishant Choubey
Recipe Type: Snack
Shitake mushroom - 60 g
Red wine - 1 cup
Rosemary - a bit
Filo pastry - a few
Red pepper - 2 tsp
Pine nuts - 2 tbsp
Olive oil - 3 tbsp
Fresh bread - 2-3 loaves
Shallots - 20 g
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Butter - 1 cup
1. In a bowl take fresh Shitake Mushroom. Wash it thoroughly in running water.
2. In another bowl, heat water till it becomes luke-warm. Now soak the washed Shitake Mushroom in the luke-warm water for an hour. Once soaked, they will become soft.
3. Once they become quite soft, empty the water and drain the same.
4. In a pan, heat oil and cook the soft shitake mushroom with red wine, chopped shallots, and garlic. Simmer the gas and let it cook well.
5. Once cooked, let it cool and then chill it in refrigeration or under an ice bath.
6. Next, cut the filo sheets in a neat square and brush melted butter across the edges of filo pastry .
7. Layer the glazed and cooked Shitake neatly on top of the lined filo pastry and fold it from all the sides and make like a parcel.
8. Let them rest for a while.
9. Now place the packed parcels on a dish and freeze them in the freezer.
10. While the packets are in the process of freezing, pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees.
11. Roast red pepper in the pre-heated moderate oven (temp about 180 degrees) for 20 minutes.
12. Once the pepper is roasted as required, keep it in a covered container for about 10 minutes and then de-skin them.
13. Blend the roasted peppers with Pine nuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil and fresh bread.
14. Season the blended mixture and keep it cold. Your red pepper pesto is ready.
15. Now remove the filo parcel that were resting in the freezer, bake the filo parcels in a microwave at 200 degree for almost 15 minutes.
16. The aroma of the baked filo parcels will be delightful tempting you all the more to taste the lip-smacking dish.
17. Now cut the parcels in desired shapes and sizes, plate it beautifully and serve with red pepper pesto and black olive.
- 1. In case fresh Shitake Mushroom is not available you can go ahead with dry shitake mushroom, which will work as well.
- Serving Size - 1 filo pastry
- Calories - 180 cal
- Fat - 6 g
- Protein - 11 g
- Carbohydrates - 23 g
- Sugar - 2 g