- 1 hr ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 16 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- News US: Missing Bengal tiger has been found safe, healthy, says Houston police
- Sports ONE Championship Dangal: How Arjan Bhullar became first Indian-origin MMA champion
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Movies Radhe Overseas Day 3 Box Office Collection
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. It is also known as Double ka meetha which is a popular dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. There are various versions of this dish.
Some people pour rabdi over the fried toast, some soak the fried toast in the caramelized sugar and then pour rabdi over it. Below version is the simplest form and you can easily make it at home when you want to serve something different and royal in dessert to your guests.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Indian Dessert
Jumbo Sliced Bread - 4
Full Cream Milk - 1 cup
Condensed Milk - ½ cup
Sugar - ½ cup
Saffron - few leaves
Rose Water - 2 tsp
Kewra Water - 2 tsp
Green Cardamom Powder - 1tsp
Khoa - 1 cup
Silver Leaves - 4 no
Pistachio - ¼ cup
Refined Butter (For Frying) - 1 cup
- Remove edges or sides of bread and cut into ¼ triangle shape.
- Place refined butter in a pan.
- Deep fry the triangle shaped bread into golden color, keep it aside.
- Pour milk in a pan bring it to boil.
- Boil the milk on low flame and reduced till half.
- Add Condensed milk, sugar, saffron.
- Add rose water, kewra water & grated khoa.
- Mix well into silky texture.
- Place the sliced bread into dish or serving bowl.
- Pour the milk base thick paste on top, which mentioned above.
- Garnish with silver leaves and sliced pistachio.
- Serve hot or cold.
- You can add other dry fruits like raisins and cashew nuts according to your preference.
- Serving Size - 1 piece
- Calories - 169 cal
- Fat - 11g
- Protein - 2g
- Carbohydrates - 17g
- Sugar - 11g
- Dietary Fibre - 1g