- 27 min ago 15 Inspirational Quotes By Nelson Mandela
- 34 min ago JNU Security Guard Cracks Varsity’s BA Entrance Exam To Study Russian Language, Grit Being His Only
- 51 min ago Shravan Month 2019: What Foods To Eat And What Foods To Avoid
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Bhumi Pednekar: The Actress Who Makes Us Think About The Fashion Of Rural India
- News Former Pak PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has been arrested
- Movies Magalu Janaki’s Mangala Aka Shobha Passes In Car Accident; TN Seetharam Mourns Her Demise
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Review: OnePlus 7 Killer?
- Sports Jimmy Neesham's childhood coach passed away during super over of ICC WC 2019 final
- Finance FASTag To Be Made Mandatory For All Vehicles In 4 Months: Gadkari
- Automobiles MG Hector Bookings Closed For 2019 — Receives 21,000 Bookings Since Start
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
During summers and in the scorching heat, the appetite is also reduced. Our body requires more fluids and cooler things. We generally prefer non-spicy and non-fried foods or snacks.
Chef Mahesh Sharma has shared with us this really cool and unique recipe of a papaya cottage cheese roll. It is a filling snack which can be savoured either on the breakfast table or in the evening, when you crave to eat something different.
The speciality of this roll is that it's totally healthy, as the main ingredients used are raw papaya and cottage cheese. The preparation method for this roll is very simple and less time taking.
These rolls will definitely be a great hit if you are serving them with a green chutney. It can also be served at small kitty parties at home or when some guests are coming over at a short notice.
Recipe By: Chef Mahesh Sharma
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Ripe papaya slices - 10-15
Cottage cheese slices - 10-15
Whole blanched asparagus - 10-12
Salt & pepper to taste
Black olives - 2
1. First of all, we need a raw papaya washed properly and cut into thin slices.
2. Now, take fresh cottage cheese and roast it in the oven.
3. Then, after roasting the cottage cheese, take out the thin slices of cottage cheese.
4. Spread a cling wrap on the working table & arrange the cottage cheese slices and papaya slices layer by layer.
5. Put salt and pepper on each layer. Make sure not to add too much of salt and pepper, since you are adding it in each layer.
6. Roll it tightly and keep it in the refrigerator to set for half an hour.
7. Now, take out the rolls and cut them into one-inch slices.
8. Take a plate and arrange the rolls.
9. Season the rolls with black olive slices and serve it with a nice mayo dip or a green chutney.
- 1. If you have a tandoor, you can use that as well to roast the cottage cheese.
- 2. We usually roast the cottage cheese to remove the excess water, since it will be difficult to make the roll if cottage cheese has water in it. The rolls will not roll properly and break in between.
- 3. Make sure to use a sharp knife, otherwise the rolls won’t cut properly.
- Serving size - 2 rolls
- Calories - 50 cal
- Fat - 10 g
- Protein - 23 g
- Carbohydrates - 57 g
- Sugar - 5 g