During summers and in the scorching heat, the appetite is also reduced. Our body requires more fluids and cooler things. We generally prefer non-spicy and non-fried foods or snacks.
Chef Mahesh Sharma has shared with us this really cool and unique recipe of a papaya cottage cheese roll. It is a filling snack which can be savoured either on the breakfast table or in the evening, when you crave to eat something different.
The speciality of this roll is that it's totally healthy, as the main ingredients used are raw papaya and cottage cheese. The preparation method for this roll is very simple and less time taking.
These rolls will definitely be a great hit if you are serving them with a green chutney. It can also be served at small kitty parties at home or when some guests are coming over at a short notice.
Recipe By: Chef Mahesh Sharma
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Ripe papaya slices - 10-15
Cottage cheese slices - 10-15
Whole blanched asparagus - 10-12
Salt & pepper to taste
Black olives - 2
1. First of all, we need a raw papaya washed properly and cut into thin slices.
2. Now, take fresh cottage cheese and roast it in the oven.
3. Then, after roasting the cottage cheese, take out the thin slices of cottage cheese.
4. Spread a cling wrap on the working table & arrange the cottage cheese slices and papaya slices layer by layer.
5. Put salt and pepper on each layer. Make sure not to add too much of salt and pepper, since you are adding it in each layer.
6. Roll it tightly and keep it in the refrigerator to set for half an hour.
7. Now, take out the rolls and cut them into one-inch slices.
8. Take a plate and arrange the rolls.
9. Season the rolls with black olive slices and serve it with a nice mayo dip or a green chutney.
- 1. If you have a tandoor, you can use that as well to roast the cottage cheese.
- 2. We usually roast the cottage cheese to remove the excess water, since it will be difficult to make the roll if cottage cheese has water in it. The rolls will not roll properly and break in between.
- 3. Make sure to use a sharp knife, otherwise the rolls won’t cut properly.
- Serving size - 2 rolls
- Calories - 50 cal
- Fat - 10 g
- Protein - 23 g
- Carbohydrates - 57 g
- Sugar - 5 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika