Galouti kebabs are very soft and irresistible that melt in your mouth as soon as you have them. Galouti means melting in your mouth. This is a famous Awadhi dish.
It is very popular in Lucknow. The kebabs are basically made from minced goat meat and green papaya. After mixing the herbs and a variety of spices, these are shaped into small patties and fried with ghee.
You can also shallow fry the patties if you want. Try this aromatic and flavoursome galouti kebab recipe by chef Kasi Vishwanath.
Recipe By: Chef Kasi Vishwanath
Recipe Type: Starters
Mutton keema - 1 kg
Unripe papaya paste - 4 tbsp
Onion paste - 3 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Yellow chilli powder - 1 tsp
Chana (gram) powder - 2 tbsp
Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
Mace powder - ½ tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil - 3 tbsp
Ghee - 1 cup
1. Wash the mutton keema properly with water.
2. Then, marinate the keema.
3. Use unripe papaya paste, onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, mace powder, and garam masala powder.
4. Add coriander powder, yellow chilli powder, chana powder, cardamom powder, and salt to marinate.
5. Keep it refrigerated for an hour.
6. After an hour, take out the keema mix out of the refrigerator.
7. Make medium-sized tikkis out of the mixture.
8. Heat oil in a pan for some time.
9. Fry the tikkis on low heat for 15-20 minutes on each side.
10. Make sure the keema is cooked well.
11. Both sides of the kebab must turn golden brown in colour.
12. Once the kebabs are perfectly cooked, transfer them on to a serving platter.
13. Eat this Galouti kebab in the Lucknow style with the paratha along with mint chutney and raw papaya chutney.
- 1. You can use poppy seeds as well while marinating the kheema.
- 2. You can also add egg while marinating.
- Serving size - 2 pieces
- Calories - 153 cal
- Fat - 9 g
- Protein - 13 g
- Carbohydrates - 5 g
- Sugar - 1 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown