- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- 16 hrs ago 10 Effective Natural Remedies For Treating Ear Pimples
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- News NBF brings financial accountability in BBMP to the fore after 5 years of relentless fight
- Technology PUBG PC Receives Version 6.1 Update With New Karakin Map
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Movies Kartik Aaryan's Birthday Gift To His Mother Is A Swanky Car Worth Rs. 38.9 Lakhs!
- Finance Markets May Trend Higher In The Coming Week
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Murgh musallam is a Mughlai-style dish that is popular among the royal Mughal families of Awadh. It is basically a masala roasted chicken. Murgh musallam is a dish which uses whole chicken. It is a favourite dish amongst non-veg lovers. Chicken is subtly flavoured with Indian spices and cooked in an onion gravy.
The paste that is used to marinate the chicken includes cumin seeds which are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids and contains good fats, wherein if we talk about cardamom and cloves, they also have great medical properties.
In this paste, we also add cinnamon, so cinnamon is a damn amazing and natural fat burner. Cinnamon has great fat-burning properties.
Here is a detailed step-by-step procedure given by Chef Rahis Khan on how to make the lip-smacking murgh musallam. Take a look.
Recipe By: Chef Rahis Khan
Recipe Type: Main Course
Chicken whole - 800 g
Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
Nutmeg powder - 1 tsp
Green cardamoms - 4
Cloves - 5
Small stick cinnamon - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Browned onion paste - 2 tbsp
Green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tbsp
Yogurt - 3 tbsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Bay leaves - 2
Green chillies - 2
Large onions (chopped) - 3
Garam masala powder - 1 tbsp
Fresh coriander leaves (chopped) - 2 tbsp
1. First, we will need the following ingredients, which includes cumin seeds, mace, nutmeg, cardamom, clove and cinnamon.
2. Make a paste of two teaspoons of cumin seeds, mace, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
3. To make the paste, we will need a blender and will put all the ingredients in it with a little water and blend it well.
4. For this dish, we will also prepare ginger-garlic paste.
5. We will also need brown onion paste and green chilli paste, so for this we will blend green chillies well and make the chilli paste.
6. Now, we will take a deep-bottomed bowl, and will add ginger-garlic paste, brown onion paste and green chilli paste and mix them all together.
7. Add the ground spices, red chilli powder, turmeric powder in the mixture and mix well.
8. Take yogurt and put it in mixture.
9. Add 1 tbsp oil and salt according to taste in the mixture and mix well.
10. Now it is time to marinate the chicken in this above mixture and keep it there in for three to four hours in the refrigerator.
11. Put the remaining oil in a deep pan and heat the oil.
12. Add the remaining cumin seeds, bay leaves and green chillies and sauté them for a minute.
13. Take onions and sauté them until they turn light brown.
14. Take the marinated chicken out of the refrigerator, keep it outside for 10-15 minutes and post that add the marinated chicken along with the marinade.
15. Sauté it lightly till the oil begins to separate.
16. Add just enough water to cover the chicken and take a note of the salt you have put in it.
17. Cook the chicken till it is completely cooked.
18. Transfer it into a serving platter, now sprinkle some garam masala on the chicken.
19. Garnish the platter with coriander leaves, serve hot and serve well.
- 1. The brown onion paste and the green chilli paste are also available in markets as well, so one can buy this from a supermarket too.
- Serving size - 1 big piece
- Calories - 1578 cal
- Fat - 58.1 g
- Protein - 48.6 g
- Carbohydrates - 215.4 g
- Sugar - 5 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g