- 14 min ago How To Check Your Gas Cylinder Level With A Wet Cloth Trick
- 38 min ago Toxoplasma Gondii, The Most 'Successful' Parasite In The World; Can Moms Pass This To Babies?
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 16 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 20 hrs ago Got Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- News India reports 2,202 fresh Covid-19 cases with 27 deaths
- Technology Amazon Sony Google TV 2022 Edition Quiz Answers: Win Sony 4K UHD Google TV
- Sports IPL 2022: PBKS vs DC Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Movies Paresh Rawal Says He Will Charge A Bomb For Hera Pheri 3 To Play Same Old Baburao; Adds 'Story Has To Be Good'
- Finance Stock To Buy: Company Where e-mobility Is Driving The Next Phase Of Growth
- Automobiles Tips To Protect Car Paint
- Travel Fun-filled Family Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
- Education CG Board Class 12th Result Out: Kunti Sao Becomes Topper With 98.20%
Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati is a healthy diabetic-friendly Indian breakfast option cooked with ragi flour, drumstick leaves and spices like green chillies and ginger.
Ragi or finger millet is packed with nutrients like calcium, protein, fibre and potassium that may help with weight management, regulating glucose levels and reducing cholesterol levels in the body. Studies say that ragi is more nutritional in some ways compared to other grains like wheat and rice.
Drumstick leaves, commonly known as Moringa, are a natural energy enhancer and a good source of nourishment. It may help manage diabetes, lower blood pressure and detoxify the body. For menopausal women, moringa may help manage its symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings and sleeping problems.
While preparing drumstick leaves ragi chapati, one must keep in mind to make the dish from scratch and serve it hot as it does not remain soft when left for some time.
Here is the recipe for drumstick leaves ragi chapati. You can consume the dish with any curry or chutneys.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 2 (4-5 chapatis or adai)
- A cup of ragi flour.
- A cup of drumstick leaves, finely chopped.
- Half cup of whole wheat flour.
- Two small-sized onions, chopped.
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped (optional).
- A spring of curry leaves.
- A teaspoon of ginger, grated.
- A pinch of black pepper powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Oil and ghee for cooking.
- In a pan, heat the oil and crackle mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add onions and drumstick leaves and saute until the onions become translucent and the raw smell of drumstick leaves vanishes.
- In a bowl, combine ragi, whole wheat flour, green chillies, ginger, black pepper, salt to taste and sauted drumstick leaves and onions.
- Mix well and using a little water, make dough out of them.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to stand for around 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized small balls.
- Roll them to form a chapati. You can also press the ragi balls lightly with your fingers and form chapatis.
- Heat a flat pan or tawa and grease with ghee.
- Cook both sides of the chapati until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Knead the ragi mixture with warm water as it will help make the dough soft.
- People - 1 (chapati)
- Calories - 94
- Protein - 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates - 14. 1 g
- Fiber - 2.4 g
- Healthy Soups To Enjoy On Summer Days: How To Prepare Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Calcium-Rich Recipe For Healthy Bones: Frozen Yoghurt And Mixed Fruit Parfait
- Diabetic-Friendly And Heart-Healthy Recipe: How To Prepare Moong Dal And Methi Leaves Sabzi
- Benefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- How To Prepare Healthy Ghee Idli: Shahid Kapoor’s Favourite South Indian Dish
- Tasty Recipes With Chicken: How To Prepare Chicken Fajitas With Indian Spices
- Best Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- How To Prepare Sugar-Free Chocolate Sandesh: Special Diabetic-Friendly Recipe
- Holi Special Recipes: How To Make Instant Papad Katori Chaat
- Mahashivratri Recipes: How To Make Sabudana Bhel
- Eat Light And Sleep Tight: How To Prepare Low Carb Whey And Paneer Soup For Dinner
- Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home