- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 24 May 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 18 hrs ago What Are Empty Calories? Major Sources, Disadvantages And How To Replace Them
- 19 hrs ago Omicron Subvariants BA.4 And BA.5 In India: What You Need To Know
- 19 hrs ago First Death Of A Child Reported In Mexico Due To Mysterious Severe Hepatitis: Things To Know
- News Quad’s scope has become extensive, its form effective: PM Modi
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Day 12 Box Office Collection: Mahesh Babu's Film Slows Down At The Box Office
- Sports Racing Along The Singalong Track in Chennai
- Travel GlampEco - Glamping At India's First Geodesic Dome Stay
- Finance Motilal Oswal Suggests Buy This Stock For 25% Potential Gains, Declared Final Dividend Of Rs 6.25
- Education NABARD AM Prelims Mains 2021 Cut Off Marks, Check NABARD Assistant Manager RDBS Rajbhasha Cut Off Details Here
- Automobiles KTM RC 390 Launched At Rs 3.14 Lakhs
- Technology Vivo T2 5G Launch Postponed; Check New Launch Date, Features & Expected Pricing
Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati is a healthy diabetic-friendly Indian breakfast option cooked with ragi flour, drumstick leaves and spices like green chillies and ginger.
Ragi or finger millet is packed with nutrients like calcium, protein, fibre and potassium that may help with weight management, regulating glucose levels and reducing cholesterol levels in the body. Studies say that ragi is more nutritional in some ways compared to other grains like wheat and rice.
Drumstick leaves, commonly known as Moringa, are a natural energy enhancer and a good source of nourishment. It may help manage diabetes, lower blood pressure and detoxify the body. For menopausal women, moringa may help manage its symptoms such as hot flashes, mood swings and sleeping problems.
While preparing drumstick leaves ragi chapati, one must keep in mind to make the dish from scratch and serve it hot as it does not remain soft when left for some time.
Here is the recipe for drumstick leaves ragi chapati. You can consume the dish with any curry or chutneys.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 2 (4-5 chapatis or adai)
- A cup of ragi flour.
- A cup of drumstick leaves, finely chopped.
- Half cup of whole wheat flour.
- Two small-sized onions, chopped.
- 2-3 green chillies, chopped (optional).
- A spring of curry leaves.
- A teaspoon of ginger, grated.
- A pinch of black pepper powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Half a teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Half a teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Oil and ghee for cooking.
- In a pan, heat the oil and crackle mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add onions and drumstick leaves and saute until the onions become translucent and the raw smell of drumstick leaves vanishes.
- In a bowl, combine ragi, whole wheat flour, green chillies, ginger, black pepper, salt to taste and sauted drumstick leaves and onions.
- Mix well and using a little water, make dough out of them.
- Cover the bowl and allow the dough to stand for around 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal-sized small balls.
- Roll them to form a chapati. You can also press the ragi balls lightly with your fingers and form chapatis.
- Heat a flat pan or tawa and grease with ghee.
- Cook both sides of the chapati until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Knead the ragi mixture with warm water as it will help make the dough soft.
- People - 1 (chapati)
- Calories - 94
- Protein - 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates - 14. 1 g
- Fiber - 2.4 g
- Healthy Soups To Enjoy On Summer Days: How To Prepare Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Calcium-Rich Recipe For Healthy Bones: Frozen Yoghurt And Mixed Fruit Parfait
- Diabetic-Friendly And Heart-Healthy Recipe: How To Prepare Moong Dal And Methi Leaves Sabzi
- Benefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- How To Prepare Healthy Ghee Idli: Shahid Kapoor’s Favourite South Indian Dish
- Tasty Recipes With Chicken: How To Prepare Chicken Fajitas With Indian Spices
- Best Homemade Summer Cooler Recipes: How To Prepare Mango-Orange Soda
- How To Prepare Sugar-Free Chocolate Sandesh: Special Diabetic-Friendly Recipe
- Holi Special Recipes: How To Make Instant Papad Katori Chaat
- Mahashivratri Recipes: How To Make Sabudana Bhel
- Eat Light And Sleep Tight: How To Prepare Low Carb Whey And Paneer Soup For Dinner
- Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home