- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 10 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 10 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 12 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
All those diet freaks who are looking for a delicious and healthy option to savour should definitely try this recipe by Chef Anirudh Nautiyal.
We're talking about the brown rice khichdi with vegetables and multi-grain seeds. What a healthy combo! It has goodness of veggies with brown rice and also added bonus is the multi-grain seeds. Can we ask for anything more!
A very clean and healthy recipe for fitness freaks, this recipe is a must try if you're always on the lookout to have something nutritious. Brown rice has fibres, which is good for digestion and has complex carbs and that's why you can indulge in this being totally guilt free.
Recipe By: Chef Anirudh Nautiyal
Recipe Type: Main Course
Brown rice - 1cup
Yellow moong lentil - ½ cup
Onion - 1
Garlic - 1 tbsp
Ginger - 2 tsp
Carrot - ½ cup
Beans - ½ cup
Cauliflower - ½ cup
Green peas - ½ cup
Coriander - ½ cup
Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
Whole black pepper - 2-3
Clarified butter - ½ cup
Salt to taste
- For this dish we need 1 cup of brown rice, so get the rice and put them in a deep bowl and soak them for 30 minutes before cooking.
- To start the preparation of the dish, we need to rinse the rice well, so take a strainer and rinse the same.
- All we need now is a cooker, clean it well with water before we begin to cook.
- Put the rice in cooker now and set the cooker to gas at a medium flame, so that the rice can be cooked properly.
- Make sure that the rice is well cooked and must not get overcooked.
- Post cooking, now drain the rice and keep the rice aside in a bowl.
- Now, it is the time to rinse the yellow moong lentil as well and for this we will use the strainer too.
- Rinse the yellow moong dal well and post that set the yellow moong lentil to cook in a cooker.
- Once it is cooked properly, keep this aside as well.
- Now, temper cumin in a wok and post that we will add onion to it.
- Sauté the onions till it turns light golden and once the onion turns golden, add the chopped garlic and ginger, as these ingredients enhance the taste to the next level.
- Now, add all the vegetables and salt according to the taste.
- Sauté the veggies a little bit and post that, add the cooked lentil.
- Stir the mixture well for sometime and post that add a little stock, cooked rice to the lentil. Check the seasoning
- Green, fresh chopped coriander is the best to finish the khichdi well.
- Serve the khichdi with plain curd during day time.
- Brown rice is the best source of complex carbohydrates and it also contains fibres that help in proper digestion as well. That’s why we have taken brown rice in this dish instead of normal white rice.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 144 cal
- Fat - 5 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 21 g
- Sugar - 2 g
- Dietary Fibre - 5 g