- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 04 February 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Can Valentine's Day Have A Negative Influence On Romantic Partners?
- 8 hrs ago Nora Fatehi Fitness Tips: 4 Lessons From The Dancing Diva!
- 8 hrs ago Parenting Tips: 5 Reasons Why You Should Switch To Plastic-Free Toys
- Sports Dipa Karmakar serving 21-month doping suspension till July 2023
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Did you know THIS Was Shalin Bhanot's First Job Before Becoming an Actor?
- News What Yogi Adityanath said on Boycott Bollywood trend
- Finance HDFC Bank- How to Get Customer ID or CIF Number?
- Travel Honeymoon special: Most Romantic cities in the World
- Automobiles Tata Harrier, Safari Red Dark Edition Launch In March – ADAS, Bigger Screen & More
- Technology Realme 10 Pro Coca-Cola Edition India Launch Confirmed: Pre-Booking May Earn Free Smartphone
- Education UGC NET December Exam 2022: Exam City Intimation Link will be available soon; Check Details Here
Braised Mutton Curry Recipe | Mutton Masala Recipe
Braised mutton curry is a delicious and rich dish. It has amazing flavours and is considered to be one of the hot and spicy dishes. Mutton is braised first, i.e, the meat is first browned in fat and then cooked slowly in a covered pan with a small amount of liquid.
This method helps to tenderize the meat and brings out the amazing flavours from it. Chef Sagar S. Bajaj gives us a scrumptious recipe of braised mutton curry. So, go ahead, continue reading and do try it out.
Recipe By: Chef Sagar S. Bajaj
Recipe Type: Main course
Mutton - 500 g
Mustard oil - 1 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
Onion - 4
Curd - 1 cup
Cashew nuts - 14-15
Almonds - 7-8
Coconut (grated) - 1 tbsp
Nutmeg - a small pinch
Mace - ½ flower
Cloves - 4
Green cardamom - 2
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Kewra water - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - for garnish
1. Boil the water and add almonds, cashew nuts.
2. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame. Drain the water and let it cool at room temperature.
3. Take the boiled cashew nuts, almonds and coconut in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste.
4. Add cloves, mace, nutmeg and green cardamom in a grinder and grind it along with the cashew-almonds paste to make it into a fine paste and keep it aside.
5. Heat the wok with oil and add onions. Fry till the onions are light brown in colour.
6. Switch off the flame, take out the fried onions from the oil and let it cool at room temperature.
7. Take the fried onions in a grinder and grind it to make a fine paste.
8. Take the beaten curd in a bowl, and add the fried onion paste and garam masala powder, mix it well.
9. Heat the pressure cooker with oil and add mutton, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
10. Cook it on a low flame for 8-10 minutes, till the oil shows separately.
11. Then, add the curd-onion mixture in the cooker (what we prepared in step 8). Mix it well, cook the spices on a low flame for another 7-8 minutes, till the oil shows separately.
12. Then, add cashew-almond-spices mixture (what we prepared in step 4) and mix it well.
13. Cook the spices on a low flame for another 6-7 minutes, till the oil shows separately.
14. Add 1 cup of water, mix it well.
15. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and pressure cook it on a high flame for one whistle, then keep the flame low and cook for another 10-15 minutes or till the mutton is properly cooked.
16. Switch off the flame, let the pressure settle down.
17. Open cooker and add kewra water. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
18. The delicious mutton curry is ready to be served, serve it hot with naan, chapatti and rice.
- 1. The spices have to be ground with the almond-cashew nut mixture to obtain a soft paste, which will only be possible if these ingredients are mixed together.
- Serving size - 1 cup
- Calories - 271 cal
- Fat - 17 g
- Protein - 13 g
- Carbohydrates - 20 g
- Sugar - 7 g
- Fibre - 6 g
- 21 Amazing Health Benefits Of Curry Leaves: Weight Loss, Infections, Diabetes And More
- Thai Red Curry Recipe: Know How To Prepare It At Your Home
- Rajma Masala Recipe: Kidney Beans Curry Recipe
- Chestnut Flour Kadhi Recipe: How To Make Vrat Ki Kadhi
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- Aloo Matar Gravy Recipe: How To Prepare Potato Peas Gravy At Home
- Tawa Paneer Khatta Pyaaz Recipe: How To Prepare Tawa Paneer Masala
- Thai Green Curry Recipe
- Vegetable Sagu Recipe: How To Prepare Mix Veg Sagu
- Kung Pao Chicken Recipe With Noodles
- Methi Gatte Ki Sabzi Recipe: How To Prepare Rajasthani Dana Methi And Gatte Ki Sabzi
- Paneer Capsicum Sabzi Recipe: How To Prepare Paneer And Shimla Mirch Masala