- 22 min ago NTAGI Recommends Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer And Typhoid: Sources
- 35 min ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- 2 hrs ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- 7 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- News PSEB Class 12 results: Live link activated
- Technology Pokemon Go Developer Working On Real-World Metaverse NBA Mobile Game
- Sports Malaysia Open: PV Sindhu progresses, Saina Nehwal bows out in the first round
- Movies Here’s What Happened With Jasmin Bhasin On Her First Day In Mumbai
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Finance 2 Latest Dividend Announcements That You Should Take Note Of
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
Nothing can be better than enjoying snacks with a cup of tea in the evening. If you are always looking forward to having something different and easy to prepare then, you can try delicious Bhakarwadi. A crispy and deep-fried Maharashtrian snack, Bhakarwadi is basically a spicy pinwheel that originated in Pune, Maharashtra. It is usually prepared using flour and dry spices.
Those who are naive to cooking can also prepare Bhakarwadi as it is not rocket science and requires some of the basic spices available in every Indian Kitchen. To help you with this, we are here with the recipe of Bhakarwadi. Scroll down the article to read more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
- ¼ Turmeric
- 1 Cup Maida
- 2 Cups Besan
- 2 tablespoon warm oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ baking soda
- 1 pinch Hing (asafoetida)
- Water for kneading the dough
- 1 teaspoon Jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Dhaniya (coriander seeds)
- 1 Teaspoon Khaskhas (Poppy Seeds)
- 2 Teaspoon Til (Sesame)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- ¼ dry coconut
- ½ teaspoon Amchoor Powder (dry mango)
- ½ dried red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for greasing
- 2 tablespoon tamarind chutney
- Dough Preparation
- Masala Preparation
- Making Bhakarwadi
- Frying Bhakarwadi
- Always fry the Bhakarwadi on low-medium flame. Else the Bhakarwadi won’t cook well.
- People - 20
- calories - 121 kcal
- fat - 5.2 g
- Protein - 3.8 g
- carbs - 15.3 g
- Cholesterol - 0 mg
- fiber - 3.3 g
- First things first, take a large bowl and add 1 cup of Maida and 2 cups of Besan to it.
- Now add ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric along with ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Mix well and make a dent in the middle of the mixture.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add it into the mixture.
- Mix the oil properly with the entire mixture. For this, you need to rub the mixture between your palms.
- The mixture should look like breadcrumbs. Once the mixture holds shape when held firmly between the fists, then it is ready to knead.
- Now knead the dough by adding little amounts of water into the mixture.
- You need to prepare a soft and tight dough.
- Once the dough is ready, grease some oil on it and keep it aside for a while. You can cover the dough with a damp cloth as well.
- Take a small blender and add all the dry spices as mentioned in the ingredients.
- Now blend the spices into a coarse mixture.
- Avoid adding even a single drop of water. The masala for Bhakarwadi needs to be dry.
- You can taste a bit of masala to determine if it is too salty or spicy.
- Now take out the mixture in a bowl and keep it aside for some time.
- Knead the dough slightly once again and take a small ball size portion of dough.
- Give the small dough the shape of a small ball and with the help of a rolling pin and base, roll it into a circular shape.
- With the help of a knife, divide the circular shape into two equal semicircles.
- Now spread 1 teaspoon of tamarind chutney on both the semi-circle. You can spread ½ teaspoon on one and the remaining ½ teaspoon on the other semi-circle.
- Now spread a teaspoon of dry masala on both the semi-circle by carefully leaving the edges. For this, you can again put ½ teaspoon masala on each.
- Now put grease a little amount of water on the edges of the semi-circles.
- After this, roll the semi-circles carefully and firmly to give them the shape of rolls.
- After you have rolled the semi-circles, you can now cut both the rolls into 1-2 cms long wheels.
- The next thing that you need to do is slightly press and flatten the wheel so that the masala gets pressed against the walls.
- Repeat the same thing with the rest of the dough.
- Take a Kadai and heat oil into it.
- Once the oil is heated, slowly put the mini wheels into it.
- After this, fry them on the low-medium flame until crisp and light brown. You can stir them occasionally.
- Once fried, carefully take out the wheels on a tissue paper or kitchen towel.
- Your Bhakarwadi is ready and now you can serve them with coffee, tea or some chutney.
Important Tips To Keep In Mind
- Always use fresh tamarind chutney. You can either buy or make it at your home.
- If you wish, you can roast the whole spices before blending them into a mixer-grinder.
- If tamarind chutney is not available then you can use lime juice as well.
- Always fry the Bhakarwadi on low-medium flame. Else the Bhakarwadi won't cook well.
- Tasty Recipes With Chicken: How To Prepare Chicken Fajitas With Indian Spices
- Happy Holi 2022: Special Imli Ki Chatni Or Tamarind Chutney Recipe: How To Prepare
- Gobi 65 Recipe: Prepare It With Some Easy Tips
- Aloo Tikka Recipe: Two Ways Of Making It During This Pandemic
- Veggie Burger Recipe: Here’s How You Can Make It At Home
- Medu Vada Recipe: Learn How To Prepare It With These Easy Steps
- Vada Recipe: How To Make It At Your Home
- Khaman Dhokla Recipe: How To Prepare It At Home In Easy Steps
- Disney Churro Recipe: How To Make These Tasty Snack At Your Home
- Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- Aloo Tikki Recipe: Learn How To Prepare This Easy And Tasty Recipe
- 11 Healthy Indian Snacks To Ease Your Hunger