- 3 hrs ago #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- 3 hrs ago Amitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- 4 hrs ago Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- 4 hrs ago Venus Transit In Cancer 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- Sports Barcelona confirm injured Dembele requires knee surgery
- News Sharad Pawar hosts opposition leaders; NCP says 'not a political or anti-BJP front meeting'
- Movies Sana Sayyad Begins Wedding Festivities With Haldi Ceremony; Bestie Adhvik Mahajan Shares Adorable Pics
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Technology Vi Launches Rs.75 Prepaid Plan For Low-Income Group; Offering Calling And Data Benefits
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
If you are someone who is always eager to try something new and nutritious, then we understand that at times, you may run out of ideas. You may get bored of eating the safe stuff again and again. But this coconut day, i.e., on 2 September 2020, we are here with a recipe that is not only easy to prepare but also delicious and nutritious. We bet you that your family members will love this juicy recipe and will praise your cooking skills.
The recipe that we are going to share with you is coconut rice.
It is a South-Indian recipe and is probably one of the best
flavoured rice recipes. You can prepare coconut rice recipe as a
main course or side dish depending upon the availability of
ingredients and time.
So, without taking too much time, let us move on to the recipe.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Main course
Serves: 4 people
- 3-4 cup cooked rice
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 10-12 cashews
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon soaked chana dal
- 1 tablespoon soaked urad dal
- Salt according to taste
- Take a Kadai and heat 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated, saute1 teaspoon mustard seeds, finely crushed ginger, chopped green chili, curry leaves and 1 dried red chili.
- Now add soaked chana dal and urad dal. Make sure you drain the water beforehand.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add 10-12 cashews in the Kadai and saute them until golden in colour.
- At this point, lower the gas flame and add grated coconut into the Kadai.
- Saute this mixture for another few minutes.
- Once the raw smell of coconut goes away, you need to add cooked rice into it.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Now mix the rice gently and make sure the rice does not break while mixing.
- Put on the lid of the Kadai and cook the rice for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame. This will ensure that the rice absorbs the coconut flavour quite well.
- Remove the Kadai and keep it aside to cool down a bit.
- You can serve the coconut rice with chutney, curry or yogurt.
- It is a South-Indian recipe and is probably one of the best flavoured rice recipes.
- Peoples - 4
- Calories - 477 kcal
- Fats - 16.5 g
- Proteins - 8 g
- Carbs - 30 g
- Fibre - 4.2 g
- To make delicious coconut rice, make sure to use fresh coconut.
- If you want to have fluffy rice, then you can use Basmati rice. However, the choice of rice depends totally on your preferences.
- You can also use leftover rice. It will taste even better.
- If you want to add peanuts, then you can do the same. You can also replace cashews with peanuts.
- Make sure you do not saute the coconut on high flame else the taste won't be good.
- If you wish, you can use ghee instead of vegetable oil.