- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 01 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 16 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan’s Ethnic Kurta Sets Style Is What You Need For Indian Wear
- 16 hrs ago Rhea Chakraborty Looks Sizzling In Black Outfit! PICS
- 18 hrs ago Monthly Horoscope October 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports ISL 2022-23 FC Goa Team Preview: Squad, Fixtures, Key Players, Strength, Weakness, Predictions
- Automobiles Hero Xtreme 160R Vs Bajaj Pulsar N160 - Which Motorcycle Should You Buy?
- News PM Modi to officially launch 5G services in India today
- Finance October Dividend: Tata Group Stock Fixes Record Date For 2nd Interim Dividend
- Movies Mahesh Bhatt Says SRK Treated Him Like A King Despite Giving Two Flops; 'You Don't Make People Like That'
- Technology Garena Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for October 1; Get Extra Diamonds, Loot Crates
- Education Bihar NEET PG Counselling 2022: PGMAC Rank Card Released, Know How To Check
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
If you are someone who is always eager to try something new and nutritious, then we understand that at times, you may run out of ideas. You may get bored of eating the safe stuff again and again. But this coconut day, i.e., on 2 September 2020, we are here with a recipe that is not only easy to prepare but also delicious and nutritious. We bet you that your family members will love this juicy recipe and will praise your cooking skills.
The recipe that we are going to share with you is coconut rice.
It is a South-Indian recipe and is probably one of the best
flavoured rice recipes. You can prepare coconut rice recipe as a
main course or side dish depending upon the availability of
ingredients and time.
So, without taking too much time, let us move on to the recipe.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Main course
Serves: 4 people
- 3-4 cup cooked rice
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 10-12 cashews
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon soaked chana dal
- 1 tablespoon soaked urad dal
- Salt according to taste
- Take a Kadai and heat 2-3 tablespoon of vegetable oil in it.
- Once the oil is heated, saute1 teaspoon mustard seeds, finely crushed ginger, chopped green chili, curry leaves and 1 dried red chili.
- Now add soaked chana dal and urad dal. Make sure you drain the water beforehand.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add 10-12 cashews in the Kadai and saute them until golden in colour.
- At this point, lower the gas flame and add grated coconut into the Kadai.
- Saute this mixture for another few minutes.
- Once the raw smell of coconut goes away, you need to add cooked rice into it.
- Add salt according to your taste.
- Now mix the rice gently and make sure the rice does not break while mixing.
- Put on the lid of the Kadai and cook the rice for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame. This will ensure that the rice absorbs the coconut flavour quite well.
- Remove the Kadai and keep it aside to cool down a bit.
- You can serve the coconut rice with chutney, curry or yogurt.
- It is a South-Indian recipe and is probably one of the best flavoured rice recipes.
- Peoples - 4
- Calories - 477 kcal
- Fats - 16.5 g
- Proteins - 8 g
- Carbs - 30 g
- Fibre - 4.2 g
- To make delicious coconut rice, make sure to use fresh coconut.
- If you want to have fluffy rice, then you can use Basmati rice. However, the choice of rice depends totally on your preferences.
- You can also use leftover rice. It will taste even better.
- If you want to add peanuts, then you can do the same. You can also replace cashews with peanuts.
- Make sure you do not saute the coconut on high flame else the taste won't be good.
- If you wish, you can use ghee instead of vegetable oil.
- World Coconut Day 2022: Date, History, Theme And Significance
- World Coconut Day 2022: 33 Different Uses Of Coconut Oil - Benefits, Allergies And How Much To Consume Per Day
- World Coconut Day 2020: Is Drinking Coconut Water Safe For Diabetics?
- World Coconut Day 2022: 4 Healthy Ways To Eat Coconut
- World Coconut Day 2020: Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Teeth And How To Use It
- Make Your Favourite Curry Healthier And Tastier With These Coconut Milk Substitutes
- 8 Surprising Health Benefits Of Coconut Milk
- What Is Coconut Sugar? 10 Health Benefits Of Coconut Sugar
- 10 Homemade Electrolyte Drinks You Should Try Right Now
- Top 11 Indian Homemade Protein Shakes For Weight Loss
- Best Essential Oil Blends For Hair Thickness
- 20 Fibre-rich Indian Foods For Weight Loss