- News 620 km human chain formed demanding withdrawal of new citizenship law
- Technology 5 Apps To Buy Medicines Right From Your Smartphone
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: How the Lakers legend became an all-time great
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Stress is one of the common symptoms of pregnancy. There are a number of circumstances that can lead to stress in pregnancy.
Conditions such as fluctuating hormone levels, uncertainty about future, physical discomfort and pre-existing mental disorder are some of the major causes for stress that a woman faces in pregnancy.
Stress causes difficulty in sleeping followed by headache, loss of appetite, racing pulse and obsessive thoughts. It can deprive the lady of her sleep and her overall well-being, which may cause complications at a later point.
High level of stress that persists for a longer period of time may give rise to serious health issues like high blood pressure and heart disease.
Even though stress doesn't affect the mother, a consistently high-anxiety level can affect the development of the baby says a new research.
However, there are a number of ways to treat stress without relying on medications. Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the easy ways to treat stress in pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
Discover Your Triggers: Try to discover the things that are making you anxious. Knowing the root cause gets easier for the treatment. Pay attention to what is happening around you when you feel stressed out. Your wellness mantra should be, THINK POSITIVE!
Get Some Rest: Rest is important in pregnancy. Exhaustion or irregular sleeping habits can lead to increased number of negative emotions including stress. So, make sure to get enough sleep.
Eat Healthy: Having a well-balanced diet is a must in pregnancy. It helps to reduce the stress and keeps the body of the pregnant lady and baby healthy.
Exercise: Thirty minutes of moderate exercise is extremely beneficial to treat stress in pregnancy. Exercise regularly, as it helps to lower the cortisol levels. Cortisol is a hormone that is responsible for stress and anxiety.
Meditate: Meditation can calm the mind to a great extent and this practice has to be followed specially during pregnancy. Meditation helps to clear the mind and helps to lower the stress levels. Prenatal yoga is also equally beneficial in treating stress. You could also listen to a calming music to feel relaxed and divert your attention away from stress.