- 11 hrs ago From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- 17 hrs ago Global Citizen Live: Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Kiara Advani, Hrithik Roshan To Participate
- 18 hrs ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- 20 hrs ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- Sports IPL 2021, SRH vs PBKS: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Movies Iconic Gold Awards 2021 Winners List: Shivangi Joshi, Debattama-Karanvir, Rrahul-Helly & Others Win Big
- News Threat of climate change 'looming large': PM Modi at Global Citizen Live
- Finance LIC Listing To Happen By 4th Quarter Of This Year: CEA
- Automobiles ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Technology Oppo Reno7 To Feature Identical Design As The Reno6; Might Launch Soon
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Pregnancy affects your body in several ways, and your skin too takes the hit. While most of these changes go away after delivery, some, such as loose skin, stay on. Sagging skin over the tummy might take some time to vanish. This is because the muscles in that area tend to stretch well during pregnancy to protect the growing foetus.
That is, as the baby grows in size inside a mother's uterus, her body, especially the lower abdominal area, breasts and buttocks expand. The stretching of skin at a rapid rate may cause the skin to lose its elasticity, thereby becoming loose and saggy after the childbirth.
Some natural ways can help tighten the loose skin and do not forget; your body just went through a major transition - give yourself some time. Read on to know how to tighten loose skin after pregnancy.
1. Drink (A Little Bit More) Water Regularly
One simple and important remedy to treat sagging skin is to increase the intake of water. Ensure that you drink plenty of water before and after childbirth, as water boosts your skin elasticity and prevents sagging. Water also elevates your metabolic rate and allows you to burn more fat .
Experts recommend drinking 14-16 cups of water every day, compared to the usual 14 cups per day (for women) .
2. Eat More Protein
In your efforts to tighten loose stomach skin after pregnancy, you should try to build your body muscles. Increase in muscles can tighten the skin automatically. Consuming protein-enriched food can help build muscles and supply your body with essential nutrients essential for your body, especially after giving birth . Include foods such as beans, seafood, lean meats, eggs, and soy products.
3. Use Body Massage Oils/Lotions
Get a messaging lotion that has the goodness of collagen and vitamins K, A, E, and C, as these are very effective in tightening the skin on the belly, especially after pregnancy. They also improve the circulation of blood throughout the belly area. Message twice every day to get the best results. You can also use body oils such as plant-based oil with antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties, such as almond oil, to help with stretch marks .
4. Try Strength Training
You should take up strength training as your regular exercise, as it helps to firm your skin as well as benefits in preventing sagging skin. Strength training stimulates muscular contraction, which helps build strength, further helping generate new cells and tissues in the body . Some easy strength training exercises include sit-ups and push-ups, yoga, planks (not that easy), or join a Pilates class .
5. Do Cardio Exercises
You can try doing cardiovascular exercises at least 3 to 5 days in a week for tightening the loose skin around your tummy . Doing cardio exercises such as swimming, brisk walking, riding a bike, jogging etc. can help tone your muscles and burn fat. You can talk to your physical instructor about the exercises and their duration. However, doing them for 20 minutes every day is ideal (generally) .
6. Exfoliate Your Skin
Exfoliating can help tighten your skin and maintain firmness. The saggy skin in the belly area and breast can be managed with exfoliating the area with a scrub. Scrubbing not only helps to remove dead cells, but it also aids to boost the blood circulation in the body, thus preventing the skin from sagging.
Some other tips you can try for tightening loose skin after delivery are as follows:
(7) Try a skin wrap or a body cocoon at a spa; it is a spa treatment created to enhance skin health and appearance.
(8)Breastfeed your baby; it reduces fat-storing in the body and may help tighten loose skin .
(9) Maintain a healthy state of mind; changes in your body may frustrate you but keep in mind that you need to take it one day at a time and remind yourself to be patient (practice deep breathing when you feel yourself getting frustrated).
(10) Try collagen supplements; talk to your doctor if you choose to add a collagen supplement to your diet .
(11) Add beta-carotene in your diet, such as carrots, broccoli, grapefruit, and apricots etc.
(12) Get plenty of sleep .
On A Final Note…
The changes that your body undergoes during pregnancy are nothing to be ashamed of or be concerned about - it is natural. However, if you wish to get rid of some that sagging skin, try out these steps and/or talk to your doctor if there is a need for surgery to remove the excess skin.