Are you wondering what not to do when breastfeeding? If pregnancy has seen you following a list of dos and don'ts, the breastfeeding stage is just the extension of that. There are some things you shouldn't do during this stage too.
You are what you eat and your milk is exactly the same. So, you may need to carefully supply nutrients to your little one by eating healthy.
Also Read: 5 Things Not To Say To A New Mom
Certain foods may affect the milk production and certain foods may affect the taste of the milk. Here are some things you shouldn't do if you are in the breastfeeding stage.
Not Drinking Enough Water
The breast milk production may dip a bit if you don't drink sufficient water. So, ensure that frequently drink water throughout the day.
Not Eating Properly
You can start your weight loss diet later but not during breastfeeding stage. As breastfeeding can burn some calories, if you don't eat properly, you may feel deprived.
Using Birth Control Pills
Hormonal birth control pills may hit milk production. Consult your doctor for other methods of birth control.
Though no doctor stops you from drinking alcohol during the breastfeeding stage, it is safer to avoid drinking.
Too Much Of Caffeine
It is better to avoid excessive caffeine at the time of breastfeeding. Limit your intake to only 1 cup of coffee a day if you can't live without coffee.
Mackerel and other types of high mercury fish are a big NO during breastfeeding. In fact, try to avoid all types of fish at that time.
Garlic may change the way your milk tastes and that may affect your newborn's milk intake. So, eat very less garlic.
Some herbs may dip the milk production. Spearmint, sage are some examples. Also, avoid star anise and wormwood. Also, refrain from taking any over-the-counter meds without talking to your doctor.
- 12 Best Foods To Cleanse Your Arteries
- 11 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin D
- 9 Common Foods To Prevent Colon Cancer
- Vitamin B3 Benefits And Its Food Sources
- Top 12 Vitamin B2 Rich Foods And Their Health Benefits
- Vitamin B1 Rich Indian Foods & Their Benefits
- 11 Foods For Healthy Uterus And Ovaries
- Top 12 Vitamin A Rich Foods To Overcome Vitamin A Deficiency
- 10 Tips For Healthy Eating Habits To Get You Started
- Top 12 Superfoods For Healthy Kidneys
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Fish Daily
- Top 20 Cancer-fighting Foods That Will Help Beat Cancer
- 10 Things You Should Not Do When Tired