- 11 hrs ago What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- 16 hrs ago From Alia Bhatt To Kareena Kapoor Khan, These Divas Will Give Your Major Shopping Inspiration
- 20 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 15 December To 21 December
- 21 hrs ago 10 Situations Under Which A Man Should Practice Sexual Abstinence
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Technology How To Check Screen Time On Various Devices
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
They say that childhood is one of the best phases of a person's life. Those carefree days where there is nothing to worry about, playing with friends for hours, eating what you want, without worrying about the figure - sounds fun right?
Childhood is also a period in a person's life in which he gets pampered to no end by the elders.
The parents of a child make sure that he gets all the required nutrition for a healthy growth and development.
Normally, the physical growth of a child starts from the age of 2, where the child's bones and muscles start to get stronger and he starts to grow taller.
It is noted that, a child with a normal growth pattern usually grows about 2.5 inches taller every year.
A child usually stops growing taller, after he/she hits puberty. While boys can grow up to the age of 20, girls usually stop growing taller around the age of 14.
A person's height depends on a lot of factors such as heredity, hormones, nutrition, exercise, overall health, etc.
So, if you want your child to grow taller, there are a few tips that you can try right at home, check them out here!
Most of these tips include feeding your child with the right type of foods that are required for the growth and development of the body.
1. Dairy Products
Ensure that your child takes in dairy products like milk, butter, cheese, curd, etc, on a daily basis, as they are rich in proteins and calcium. Proteins and calcium are very much necessary for the growth of bones and muscles, which in turn helps the kid to grow taller.
Eggs are also rich in various nutrients like proteins, vitamin D, vitamin B2, riboflavin, etc, which contribute towards the growth and development of bones in a child.
Chicken is another food that is rich in proteins needed for the bone and muscle development. Consuming chicken regularly is known to increase height even after puberty!
Banana is a nutritious fruit that increases the height of a growing child naturally, as it comes packed with nutrients like manganese, potassium and calcium.
Oatmeal is another natural ingredient that boosts the height of a person, as it is rich in proteins and also aids in the development of newly grown tissues at a faster rate.
Soybean comes packed with nutrients, which are required for growth, such as folate, vitamins, proteins and carbohydrates that aid in bone and muscle development of a child, helping him/her to reach an optimum height.
Certain types of fishes like salmon, sardine, tuna, etc, are rich in vitamin D and calcium, both of which are very much essential for growth and bone development.
You can enroll your kid to swimming lessons, starting from when he/she is around 5-6 years of age. Swimming is one form of an exercise that is known to naturally increase the height of a child.