- 1 min ago Centre Advises Isolation Of Suspected Monkeypox Cases At Designated Health Facilities
- 1 hr ago Special Cactus Recipe: How To Prepare Indian Style Cactus Fry
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Pre-Shave Oil For The Smoothest Beard Finish: How To Use
- Technology Amazon iQOO Neo Series Quiz Answers: Win iQOO Neo 6 5G
- Movies Aneri Vajani Talks About Her Preparations For Khatron Ke Khiladi 12; Reveals If She Is Open For Bigg Boss
- News Akhilesh Yadav tweets image of banner barring BJP workers from entering police station
- Finance Paradeep Phosphates Shares Close Below Listing Price On Day 1 On Bourses
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki’s Upcoming Creta Rival Will Sport Hybrid Powertrain
- Sports French Open: Alcaraz delivers 'absolute clinic' to crush Korda hopes in Roland Garros romp
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Brain food increases memory and skills thus making your child more adept in memorizing or remembering things. They might not be your child's favourite, but a slow incorporation of healthy foods in your kids daily diet is essential.
Let us check out some food with the right neuro chemicals which will definitely help your kid get smarter.
Milk, Yoghurt and Other Dairy Products: Milk and other dairy products are a rich source of Protein, Calcium, Potassium and Vitamin D. All these essential nutrients are a key source to the development of neuromuscular system, neurotransmitters, enzymes and brain tissues. Children and people in the adolescent age group who are in the growing stage also require these nutrients.
All Kinds Of Berries: You might refer to strawberries, cherries, blueberries and blackberries as “Brainberries” as they provide almost all essential brain nutrients. They are an ample source of antioxidants and Vitamin C which help in reducing the oxidative stress. The seeds are a rich source omega-3 fatty acids, one of the most important constituents of the outer membrane of our brain cells.
Eggs and Nuts: Choline, another one of the essential elements for the development of memory stem cells is to be found in abundance in eggs. Nuts also have a fair proportion of this chemical. A Choline rich diet increases the production of memory stem cells in brain. It also minimizes fatigue and improves reaction time. Nuts and seeds are a rich source of Vitamin D. High levels of Vitamin D respond to a less cognitive decline.
Whole Grains: Vitamin B and Glucose are found in whole grains like oat meal and brown rice, thus making it a healthy brain food for your child. Our body needs a regular supply of glucose as provided by the whole grains. Vitamin B enhances the blood flow of our nervous system which is one of the prime factors in keeping all organs of our body active, including the brain.
Salmon: Fish with a high level of fats like Salmon are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids like DHA and EPA. These are essential for the proper development of brain. Researches prove that people who consume such fish have a sharper memory than others.
Some other food items which are excellent for the brain are colourful vegetables like tomato, spinach, carrots, beans, pomegranate etc. Include the above mentioned foods in your kids diet and increase the memory of the growing child.
- kidsExplained: The Pathogen That Could Be Causing Hepatitis Outbreak In Kids
- kidsPathways To Severe Coronavirus In Children Discovered By Scientists
- kidsCOVID-19 Vaccine: Government Panel Recommends EUA For Corbevax For Kids Between 5-11 Years Age Groups
- kidsCovid-19: Over 20 Kids Test Positive This Week In Noida, Health Advisory Issued To Schools
- kidsHealthy Summer Foods For Kids, To Keep 'Em Healthy And Hydrated (Over 4 Years Old)
- recipesBest Refreshing And Kid-Friendly Recipe: How To Prepare Raw Mango Popsicles
- basicsNovavax's Covid-19 Vaccine Covovax Gets Emergency Use Authorisation For 12-17 Age Group In India
- kidsCovid-19: HC Asks Centre To File Status Report On Vaccination For Kids Below 12 Years
- kids2-Year-Old Suffers Multiple Organ Dysfunction After Recovering From Covid-19
- kidsOpinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- kidsFull List: 29 Children Conferred Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2022 [Watch Video]
- kidsPrime Minister Narendra Modi To Interact With Rashtriya Bal Puraskar Awardees On January 24