A lot has been discussed and debated about the right age for women to get pregnant but a very less has been discussed about the right age for men to become a father.
Yes, even men should be aware of the fact that the right age matters a lot in producing healthy children.
Also Read: How Men Can Boost Fertility
A study claims that women who have partners who are above 40 years of age, generally take time to conceive. But women whose partners are around the age of 25 get pregnant faster. Here are more facts.
Once a man crosses 30 years of age, his testosterone levels keep dipping by 1% every year. This hits even sperm production too.
When it comes to the quality of sperm, it starts declining after 35 years of age. Also, age affects sperm motility too.
Also Read: Top Ten Foods That Increase Male Fertility
The quality, motility and health of the sperm are perfect before the age of 25. The quality dips to its lowest point after 55. By that time, men may lose their reproductive power almost by 50%.
Apart from age, what else could hit men's reproductive health? Well, habits like smoking, malnutrition, wearing tight underwear and insomnia could also slowly affect the fertility levels of men.
What is the right age for a man to become a father? Though the period between 22 to 25 years is good, most of the men may not be able to settle down by that age. So, the period between 28-30 years could be the best time for a man to become a father. After 30, the clock starts ticking for men too!
When a man is too young, (around 15-19) the body is just in the starting stages of sperm production. Reproducing at that age could even cause still births. So, it isn't advisable to reproduce at such a young age.
After 30, the T levels in the body start dropping with each passing year. Also, mutations are said to occur in the DNA after 35 years. So it is better to plan kids much before those stages.
- Father’s Diet Too An Important Aspect For A Baby’s Health – Study
- Father’s Day Special: Things You Should Tell Your Father This Father’s Day
- Father's Day Special: Why A Father Is Very Important For The Family!
- Best Father According To Hindu Mythology
- Fathers' Active Involvement Can Boost Baby's Mental Skills
- Paternal Age May Influence Kids' Social Development
- Does Diabetes Kill Sperm Count?
- How To Increase Your Semen Volume
- Foods For Soon-To-Be Dads
- Why All Men Don't Produce The Same Amount Of Semen?
- Why It Is Not Right For Adults To Fight In Front Of Kids
- Ways To Buildup Sperm
- 5 Health Risks Of Having Anal Sex