- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 5 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 6 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR Match Report: Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja set up win for Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Are you frequently feeling sick during pregnancy? Pregnancy could be a vulnerable stage. That is the time many changes occur inside the body and cause trouble initially.
Those very changes could also make you fall sick often and catch infections. The worst part is you can't eat any random food or gulp in any random pill to combat infections.
But don't give up hope as the initial phase is more vulnerable and gradually, you may pick up and become well. Here are some reasons behind sickness during pregnancy.
What's The Main Reason Behind Frequent Sickness?
One reason could be suppressed immune system. During pregnancy, your immunity could dip. That could be one reason why you tend to fall sick often.
Why Immunity Dips
The reason behind low immunity could also be the growing foetus. Yes, the body needs to curb the actions of the immunity till the foetus develops and reaches a stage of development.
Any Other Reason?
Another reason is the hormone secretion in pregnancy. Progesterone, glucocorticoids and estrogen do have an effect on the inflammatory action of the immune system in order to prevent any damage to the foetus.
What To Do?
As the immunity action can be low during pregnancy, it is advisable to stay on the preventive side to avoid falling sick often.
Good food, taking pre-natal vitamins on time, avoiding toxic foods and environments and getting sufficient sleep are some preventive measures that may help.
Go To The Doctor
Even then if you fall sick, never go for self-medication. Go to the doctor and get proper medical help as over-the-counter medication could be harmful to your pregnancy.