Are you frequently feeling sick during pregnancy? Pregnancy could be a vulnerable stage. That is the time many changes occur inside the body and cause trouble initially.
Those very changes could also make you fall sick often and catch infections. The worst part is you can't eat any random food or gulp in any random pill to combat infections.
But don't give up hope as the initial phase is more vulnerable and gradually, you may pick up and become well. Here are some reasons behind sickness during pregnancy.
What's The Main Reason Behind Frequent Sickness?
One reason could be suppressed immune system. During pregnancy, your immunity could dip. That could be one reason why you tend to fall sick often.
Why Immunity Dips
The reason behind low immunity could also be the growing foetus. Yes, the body needs to curb the actions of the immunity till the foetus develops and reaches a stage of development.
Also Read:Restless Leg Syndrome During Pregnancy!
Any Other Reason?
Another reason is the hormone secretion in pregnancy. Progesterone, glucocorticoids and estrogen do have an effect on the inflammatory action of the immune system in order to prevent any damage to the foetus.
What To Do?
As the immunity action can be low during pregnancy, it is advisable to stay on the preventive side to avoid falling sick often.
Good food, taking pre-natal vitamins on time, avoiding toxic foods and environments and getting sufficient sleep are some preventive measures that may help.
Go To The Doctor
Even then if you fall sick, never go for self-medication. Go to the doctor and get proper medical help as over-the-counter medication could be harmful to your pregnancy.
- Worried Of Pregnancy Stretch Marks ? Here Are Some Natural Ways To Treat Them
- Things You Probably Did Not Know About Pregnancy Hormones
- Ways To Cure Constipation Problem During Pregnancy
- 25 Amazing Skin, Hair, And Health Benefits Of Sapota
- Toothache During Pregnancy And Remedies To Cure It
- How Can You Avoid Pregnancy Naturally?
- Does The Same Blood Group Affect Pregnancy?
- What No One Told You About Pregnancy
- Why Do You Crave Ice When Pregnant?
- How To Avoid An Episiotomy During Child Birth
- How Does Thyroid Affect Pregnancy?
- Advantages Of Having Watermelon During Pregnancy