Are you frequently feeling sick during pregnancy? Pregnancy could be a vulnerable stage. That is the time many changes occur inside the body and cause trouble initially.
Those very changes could also make you fall sick often and catch infections. The worst part is you can't eat any random food or gulp in any random pill to combat infections.
But don't give up hope as the initial phase is more vulnerable and gradually, you may pick up and become well. Here are some reasons behind sickness during pregnancy.
What's The Main Reason Behind Frequent Sickness?
One reason could be suppressed immune system. During pregnancy, your immunity could dip. That could be one reason why you tend to fall sick often.
Why Immunity Dips
The reason behind low immunity could also be the growing foetus. Yes, the body needs to curb the actions of the immunity till the foetus develops and reaches a stage of development.
Also Read:Restless Leg Syndrome During Pregnancy!
Any Other Reason?
Another reason is the hormone secretion in pregnancy. Progesterone, glucocorticoids and estrogen do have an effect on the inflammatory action of the immune system in order to prevent any damage to the foetus.
What To Do?
As the immunity action can be low during pregnancy, it is advisable to stay on the preventive side to avoid falling sick often.
Good food, taking pre-natal vitamins on time, avoiding toxic foods and environments and getting sufficient sleep are some preventive measures that may help.
Go To The Doctor
Even then if you fall sick, never go for self-medication. Go to the doctor and get proper medical help as over-the-counter medication could be harmful to your pregnancy.
- 5 Health Risks Of Having Anal Sex
- 10 Side Effects Of Raw Garlic You Should Know
- How Is A Second Pregnancy Different From The First?
- Handling Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy
- 10 Health Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit You Didn't Know
- How To Manage Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy
- What You Should Know About Contraceptive Pills
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds In The Morning
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Is It Normal To Bleed During Pregnancy?
- Everything You Need To Know About Gestational Diabetes
- Baby Movements That Can Be Noticed During Pregnancy
- Drug Resistant Malaria Spreading In Southeast Asia - Warn Scientists; Best Ways To Prevent Malaria