We generally try to wash the vegetables that we buy from the market to ensure that the remnants of pesticides are totally washed out from the outer surface of the veggies.
We also try to use pesticide free organic produce as much as possible. But is that enough?
Do pesticides harm the foetus? Why pregnant women should be careful about the risk of pesticide exposure? Here are some answers.
Is They Any Evidence?
There is very less evidence about the harmful effects of pesticides in the foetus. But the current studies claim that exposure to pesticides during pregnancy could raise the risk of birth abnormalities.
How Much Is Too Much?
There isn't any concrete answer to this yet. There are ongoing studies which are trying to find out the levels of exposure that can harm the foetus.
Also Read:Do Pesticides Reduce Sperm Count?
Percentage Of Risk
Pregnant women who were exposed to very high levels of pesticides are said to have around 8-9% higher risk of giving birth to a baby with low birth weight.
What Gets Impacted?
The factors that pesticides could impact are birth weight, birth abnormalities, pre-term birth, and gestational length.
What Studies Say?
Researchers claim that there isn't enough knowledge about how several chemicals in the pesticides interact and show their impact on the foetus.
Also Read:Pesticides Cause Autism In Unborn Babies
Also, there are so many varieties of pesticides being used today. Researchers aren't sure which one of them is the most dangerous to the foetus and which of them is harmless. But to be on the safe side, try to avoid exposure during pregnancy as much as possible.
- Worried Of Pregnancy Stretch Marks ? Here Are Some Natural Ways To Treat Them
- Things You Probably Did Not Know About Pregnancy Hormones
- Ways To Cure Constipation Problem During Pregnancy
- 25 Amazing Skin, Hair, And Health Benefits Of Sapota
- Toothache During Pregnancy And Remedies To Cure It
- How Can You Avoid Pregnancy Naturally?
- Does The Same Blood Group Affect Pregnancy?
- What No One Told You About Pregnancy
- Why Do You Crave Ice When Pregnant?
- How To Avoid An Episiotomy During Child Birth
- How Does Thyroid Affect Pregnancy?
- Advantages Of Having Watermelon During Pregnancy