- 12 hrs ago World Osteoporosis Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 15 hrs ago Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment & Prevention
- 16 hrs ago So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- 16 hrs ago Diwali 2019: Let Bollywood Divas Inspire You To Wear Gorgeous Light Festive Outfits
- News TN TRB PG Assistant Result 2019 declared, where to check
- Sports Rafael Nadal marries partner of 14 years in Mallorca
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Elimination: Shocking! Mahira Sharma Safe; Abu Or Dey - Who Might Get Evicted?
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- Finance 5 Stocks That Rose The Most This Week
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Have you ever wondered how your grandparents, who have eight children, managed to do it! In this day and age, having more than two kids seems like a great feat, so managing more than two can be quite impossible!
We live in a time in which both parents work to provide a quality life for themselves and for their kids and population is on the rise, so most parents decide to stop after one or two kids, which is a smart choice!
Unlike the olden days, now there are a number of ways to indulge in a sexual intercourse without the risk of getting pregnant.
Birth control pills are known to be one of the most effective forms of birth control methods out there.
Also Read: Birth Control Weight Gain: How To Lose It?
Many a times, couples use birth control pills in order to prevent pregnancy and also to enjoy the sexual intercourse without using a condom!
A birth control pill, also known as an oral contraceptive pill, is taken by the women and is a form a hormonal medication that can stop the women from ovulating, thereby preventing pregnancy.
Birth control pills have become quite popular these days, but they do come with a lot of undesirable side effects.
Have a look at a few surprising facts about birth control pills that you might not be aware of yet.
Birth control pills are the most commonly used drugs in the entire world! A research has found that over a 100 million women across the globe use oral contraceptives as a primary method to prevent pregnancy.
Birth control pills work by tricking your body into thinking that it is already pregnant, by keeping the pregnancy hormones at a constantly high level, thereby preventing an actual pregnancy.
While a woman is on birth control pills, her body loses the ability to absorb certain essential nutrients and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin B, zinc, magnesium, potassium, etc, making her prone to certain deficiencies.
Birth control pills can lower the testosterone levels in a woman's body to a considerable extent, thus reducing her sex drive to a great level!
Birth control pills are often used in the treatment for cystic acne and certain hormonal disorders like PCOD.
Long-term use of birth control pills can double the chances of depression and anxiety in a woman. In fact, a woman tends to experience irrational mood swings while she is on birth control pills!
Regular use of birth control pills is linked with the risk of serious disorders like break cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, stroke and infertility.