- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Though fruits and vegetables are healthy, pregnant women should be cautious while changing the diet. So, is it safe to eat pears during pregnancy?
Yes, pears are healthy even during pregnancy. They contain antioxidants and many other nutrients. When it comes to vitamins, they contain vitamins B9, K, C, A. They also offer calcium, cobalt, copper, zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous, pectin, fibre and sulphur.
But you must remember to wash them thoroughly before eating. The bacteria and other microbes that dwell on the surface of pears that are unwashed may lead to several illnesses. Also, talk to your doctor once if you wish to eat pears during pregnancy.
Now let us know about their benefits....
Pears contain vitamin C. Eating pears can help you prevent certain infections like cough, cold, bronchitis, pneumonia and even flu.
The fibre content in pears can ease constipation. It is better to consume pears along with the peel to get this benefit.
Pears are low in fat but still give you some energy. An average sized pear comes with around 100 calories.
Pears come with natural sugar. As they taste sweet, they curb your cravings for artificial sweets.
Pears contain potassium which is important for heart functions. Both the baby and the mother need the mineral for a healthy heart.
Pears contain Calcium which is an important mineral that can strengthen the bones of both the baby and the mother.