- 10 hrs ago International Day Against Drug Abuse: Effects Of Drug Abuse On Teens, Treatment And Helpline Numbers
- 16 hrs ago Born In August: What Does Your Personality Trait Say About You?
- 17 hrs ago Maharashtra: Thane Records 978 New Covid-19 Cases; Active Tally At 5,634
- 18 hrs ago India Emerged Successfully In The Management Of Covid-19 Pandemic: Mansukh Mandaviya
- Sports India vs Ireland, 1st T20I Highlights: Hardik Pandya, Deepak Hooda guide India to comfortable win
- Technology List Of Best Vivo 12GB RAM Smartphones To Buy In India
- Movies DID L’il Masters Season 5 Finale: Nobojit Emerges As The Winner, Takes Home The Coveted Trophy
- News PM Modi meets Argentinian President Fernandez in Germany
- Finance Multibagger IT Software Stock Paying 3000% Final Dividend Will Turn Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Education SBI CBO Final Result 2022 Released, Download SBI Circle Based Officer 2022 Final Result PDF At sbi.co.in
- Automobiles Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Fish is good for health in many ways but is it good for pregnant women too? Well, many recent studies claim that fish can play an important role in the brain development of a baby during pregnancy.
Omega 3 fatty acids that are present in fish are responsible for the same. Pregnant women need to eat fish in moderation without over doing it.
Researchers say that pregnant women need to consume dietary lipids in balanced proportions. As these lipids contain omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids, they do help in the formation of the brain in the baby.
As a part of the study, when researchers fed female rats with foods rich in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, they came to know that both of these nutrients are to be consumed in balanced levels for balanced growth of brain in the foetus.
Pregnant women who consume seeds or oils that contain omega 6 fatty acids may need to balance their diet by consuming fish to get some proportion of omega 3 fatty acids.
Researchers claim that only when the diet is balanced with both of them, it helps in the development of the brain of the unborn baby in the womb.
Researchers are currently focused to know about the link between brain development and dietary lipids.
Also, it is better to consult a gynecologist to know about the kind of fish to consume as not all fish are safe during pregnancy. Avoiding swordfish, marlin, tuna and shark is crucial.
Also, consuming fish only once or twice a week during pregnancy is recommended. Consuming more than that could be dangerous as fish contain pollutants too.
- babyAlexander Disease In Infants: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
- babyMozambique Sees First Wild Polio Case Since 1992; Pandemic May Have Caused Children To Miss Polio Vaccination
- basicsWhat Expectant Dads Need To Anticipate During The Trimesters, Labor And Delivery
- basicsJ&K Administration Extends Child Care Leave To ‘Single Male Employees’
- kidsChildren Exercised Less During COVID Lockdown – 4 Tips To get Them Moving Again
- kidsRajasthan Govt Defers Class 12 Practical Exams Due To Spike In COVID Cases
- healthParliament Passes Surrogacy Bill; Seeks To Constitute National Surrogacy Board
- kidsOver 33 Lakh Children In India Malnourished; Maharashtra, Bihar And Gujarat Tops The List
- basicsCOVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- womenNusrat Jahan Case: The Politics Of Birth Registration And Father's Name
- postnatalCan Diabetes Affect Breastfeeding? Benefits Of Breastfeeding In Both Newborns And Diabetic Mothers
- pulseHappy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents